starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commercial Gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by LuzTheBuz View Post
    If I can squat 235 with a thick cloth mask, you can walk with a thin ass medical mask..
    To think, you could take that stupid mask off and safely squat much heavier weights, and even actually start building some strength up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    Don't you have a gym on campus? Get a new job. Companies are desperate to hire lower skilled workers and paying way more than minimum wage.
    I'm currently doing online school, I've kind of had to for a while what with the pandemic. However, it was foolish of me that I didn't consider location when I chose my current school. Simply too far away, about a 2-2.5 hour train ride there, otherwise I'd try there and get some of their food while I'm at it. I've also tried to apply for other jobs as a PT or at least something with better pay than minimum wage, either no response or they don't want some part-time kid. Nothing I can do beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    To think, you could take that stupid mask off and safely squat much heavier weights, and even actually start building some strength up again.
    Maybe, I'd certainly hope so. I've gotten it up to 255 since then, mask and all. Stalling out though, gonna try again this Saturday before I set back.
    But I mainly wanted to use this as an example how people will be ironically lazy in a gym. And that it frustrates me when they glare or scoff at me for asking them to pull their mask up because they're talking on the phone or something. They are just weak, it ain't my fault y'all struggle to talk through some paper. I was able to do cadence while running for an hour or two, walking should be easy. I remember reading about all this in the book and articles Rip wrote, but I didn't think it was this bad, even for some relatively fit looking people.

starting strength coach development program
    When you chide them for not wearing a mask at a gym, you are telling them to stop doign what they came there to do. I glared at every dickhead who ever bothered me about not having one on when I was lifting when my gym required it. It's one of the reasons I never applied for a job there. Trying to do things heavy with a mask on will make you sick and light headed. Not good under a heavy squat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12