starting strength gym

Thread: Used Plate & Rogue Bench...is this a good deal?

Default Used Plate & Rogue Bench...is this a good deal?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think it is, but am a bit clueless on this stuff.

6 - 45s & 4 - 10s = $350 (Log into Facebook)

Rogue Bench 2.0 = $450 (Log into Facebook)

I *THINK* this is a good deal, but want to be sure before I drive. Was originally going to get all brand new Rogue stuff, but this is prob going to save ~$500 off total home gym build out, at least.

I plan to weigh the plates before I purchase to make sure they aren't off too much by weight. If they are, I won't buy them. What's an acceptable deviation? 1lb?

Thanks for opinions.

Based on covid pricing, the plates at $1.13/lb is a steal. That's what they are generally worth before covid. I wouldn't worry about the weights. Rogue quotes 2% on their steel plates which is 0.9 lbs. I would get their even if they are 2 lbs off, unless you have better deal elsewhere. If it's your home gym, just mark them with a sharpie and use steel washers to offset any real bad difference. A 2 1/8" washer is about half a pound.

Why are you getting the adjustable bench? The rogue flat bench is $200 new.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    Why are you getting the adjustable bench? The rogue flat bench is $200 new.
    A good question. I won't be the only person using the space, so having the option to do incline may be important for someone at some point. And since the space is really tight, I just want one bench. Would rather have the flexibility vs not.

Also, I ended up getting 4-45s for $180 (2 standard brand, 2 sports authority) and 2-25s from York for $75. The Yorks are really nice plates. I'll get one more 'cheapo' set of 45s, then get one really good new set of plates as the base plates when I order the rack from Rogue (I may get 45s from the Strength Co though). All plates were weighed too, and are within 1% of weight.

You won't regret buying Strength Co. 45's.