starting strength gym

Thread: Plate racks: TSS Starting Strength vs The Strength Co.

Default Plate racks: TSS Starting Strength vs The Strength Co.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m replacing all my junky equipment with new equipment. Planning on Rogue RM-6 and flat bench and The Strength Co plates. I also would like to potentially add a new plate rack to keep in front of my deadlift platform. I currently have an old Weider unit that is a bolted together piece of junk.

The Texas Strength Systems Starting Strength rack is a completely welded raw steel unit with an A-frame made of 2 3/8” flat bar, with 2.5” x 3/16” angle iron legs welded to the frame. It has 4 horns which are 10” long each made of 1” long solid rod with and a shorter vertical rod for change plates; so 5 horns in total.

The Strength Co.’s plate rack is a welded A-frame of 1” x 2” tubing. There are 6 horns of 1.25” hollow round pins welded into both ends of the rectangular tubing. The feet also appear to be 1” x2” tubing but are secured to the frame with nuts and bolts. Powder coated black.

Both look to be solid units made in the USA which is a priority for me. Love the aesthetic of the Starting Strength rack. Like the extra horn on the Strength Co rack; but wary about the bolted legs. In a perfect world would like to mount to a dolly or locking wheels so I could potentially move it around; but not sure that would work or be safe.

I don't see a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't see a question.

Sorry. I was curious amongst owners if anyone was unhappy with their choice for any particular reason.