starting strength gym

Thread: You would think in San Diego....

Default You would think in San Diego....

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    That there would be tons of good gyms! But all I can find is lame CrossFit boxes and over-hyped personal training/group class type gyms. I am heading out to SD around Miramar to visit my folks and I just need a squat rack and to be left alone. Anyone have any recommendations? Anything around Scripps ranch? I've spent some time staring at google maps and looking at various gyms but I couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    That there would be tons of good gyms! But all I can find is lame CrossFit boxes and over-hyped personal training/group class type gyms. I am heading out to SD around Miramar to visit my folks and I just need a squat rack and to be left alone. Anyone have any recommendations? Anything around Scripps ranch? I've spent some time staring at google maps and looking at various gyms but I couldn't find anything.
    A friend was happy with Deadweight Strength back in early 2016. Appears it still exists. No promises of current iteration.

If you have a car, these guys look good in Mission Valley
    Grinder Gym – Dedicated to your life, fitness, health and happiness: Grinder Gym!

These guys are closer to Miramar
    San Diego Strength Conditioning | 1RM Performance

What are using as a search term? I just entered "barbell gym san diego" and found these.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    Might be too out of the way, but Ramona Fitness has a few racks and some decent bars, with a day fee that wasn't exorbitant. I think you could find some quiet time there. I go there when I visit parents. The owner, Nick, seems like a decent guy.

starting strength coach development program
    Unfortunately the SS affiliated gym closed down during Covid. It was right near Mission Valley. Xplicit Fitness has has everything, including some squat racks, but I don’t know what their charging situation is for daily visits.