starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden loss of power - shoes?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Sprunger View Post
    "...please understand this, if you miss everything else in this entire book: stronger does not necessarily mean more weight on the bar. Resist the temptation to add weight at the expense of correct technique."
    Is this your favorite part of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Is this your favorite part of the book?
    No I just missed everything else in the entire book.

Honestly my favorite part is where you break down all the ways YNDTP, which is immediately after that part. I think I figured out where I was going wrong, and the nutrition section really helped me understand what I need to do. I searched your youtube channel for failing a rep and found your video on that to be helpful.

I was so excited to start the program that I didn't read the book first, or even order it. Instead after reading about the A-B 3x5 plan on someone else's web article, I watched some videos on how to perform the movements on SS and just dove in. Then I tried to catch myself up on learning as I went and pretty quickly realized I needed to buy the book.
    Last edited by Joel Sprunger; 02-21-2022 at 11:04 PM.

A trip to Starting Strength Beaverton would probably be a good idea as well.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
    Whenever I fail to break the first rep of a deadlift off of the floor (which sadly happens way to often), I always assume that it's because I suck and I just wasn't setup correctly. Sadly that often turns out to be the case. More often I get a partial rep that is clearly going wrong, but in the process of setting it down, gravity tends to put me in a better position (it has a habit of pulling stuff straight down). Maybe I should go to the conference again!
    A set of 5 deadlifts isn't very technical. The failed rep calibrates your expectations about how demanding the pull needs to be. And you demand it if you have the right training history - not based on how "0 @ RPE/RIR 5" felt.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    A trip to Starting Strength Beaverton would probably be a good idea as well.
    Thanks. I have been meaning to go check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12