starting strength gym

Thread: UK 3 inch belt

Default UK 3 inch belt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to try a 3 inch belt as my 4 inch is just too wide, even for squats. I like the look of the Starting Strength single ply belt but with shipping to the UK it works out at around £145, plus any additional import fees (no idea what this amounts to).

I've come across this UK company which looks decent. Does anyone have any experience of them?

I'd appreciate anyones opinion on this belt. The description states it's made from 2 pieces of top grain leather with a total thickness of 7-8mm. So I guess slightly stiffer than the single ply but not as much as a 10mm belt.

ModiFit Retro 3" Single Prong 8mm Powerlifting Belt Hand Made in UK – Mobility Tools

Thanks, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam86 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to try a 3 inch belt as my 4 inch is just too wide, even for squats. I like the look of the Starting Strength single ply belt but with shipping to the UK it works out at around £145, plus any additional import fees (no idea what this amounts to).

I've come across this UK company which looks decent. Does anyone have any experience of them?

I'd appreciate anyones opinion on this belt. The description states it's made from 2 pieces of top grain leather with a total thickness of 7-8mm. So I guess slightly stiffer than the single ply but not as much as a 10mm belt.

ModiFit Retro 3" Single Prong 8mm Powerlifting Belt Hand Made in UK – Mobility Tools

Thanks, Adam
    I got the ss single ply shipped here two years ago and it’s still in very good condition. It was expensive but I don’t expect to have to buy another for a long time if at all.

I got a 3" belt from these guys a few years ago. It looks similar to the one you posted without the big logo on the back (it just has small Modifit branding on the loophole). It's ok. Comparing it to my 4" 10mm suede Best Belt the hole spacing is larger by about 5mm and the buckle isn't as good quality. It also slides about a bit and generally doesn't feel as nice as the Best. I got an XL where a large would have been better. I've gone back to the 4" belt which is one of the nicest bits of equipment I've owned.

9 for 9 carries 3" belts