starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Belts still in business 2022?

Default Best Belts still in business 2022?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey all,

Quick question.

Have any of you in 2022 ordered and received a belt from bestbelts.net?

I ordered a second belt back in February 14/2022 and have yet to receive it.

I've emailed them several times and called them once and left a voicemail.

No response yet.

I've checked their site and haven't seen anything saying out of business.

Has anyone heard anything about them closing? Anyone recently order a belt this year and receive it?

Thanks all.

Jahvaughn

Yes- they are still open. I just got my second belt from them two weeks ago. Order date was February 19th for me so yours will probably arrive soon.

Bustermonkey2, thanks for the reply!

Enjoy the new belt 🤙

I placed my order on April 18th. This is terrible customer service, and I'm wondering if I should rely on another brand. Does anyone have recommendations?

Dean runs a very small shop, and he's not good at communication, even though he makes the best suede belts in the business. My obvious recommendation is Dominion Strength.

Last time I ordered from Best Belts it shipped from Amish country Pennsylvania, did he outsource production?

I ordered my belt back on March 28th, and still haven't received anything. I've called multiple times, and was met with many different responses such as "Store was robbed", "Power outage", "Backlog of orders" I was promised time and time again to have my item shipped back in July, August, and September, and still it's been radio silence. I gave up and ordered from Dominion, received it in about 3 weeks. I would go ahead and just cancel your order now if you are really in a need for a belt.

I tried to do a chargeback through my Credit Card company, but it looks like because this was a PayPal vendor, the shipment is coming internationally and I missed the 180 days window. I just chalked it up as a loss, as there's no way they'll refund me that money and there's no way I can cancel my order now because they never pick up the phone.

I'm sorry to hear this about Dean. I guess everything has a lifespan. Dominion makes our belts, and they do an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this about Dean. I guess everything has a lifespan. Dominion makes our belts, and they do an excellent job.
    My wife and I both purchased our belts from Dominion. Unfortunately, you just missed out on their Christmas / Black Friday sale. The belts are pieces of art and very sturdy. The belts will probably be around longer than my wife and I.

Best, Brett

starting strength coach development program
    The Best Belts website says there is significant backlog and they're not accepting new orders so there's still a chance people will someday be surprised with a backup belt if they catch up. That said I have two Starting Strength Belts and I'm really happy with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast