starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adidas Adipower 2

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have the inov8 fastlift 335, no doubt supplanted by a newer version.

From what I hear, the do-wins with wooden soles are the best. Because the wood absorbs the vibration without having elasticity.

As much as the inov8 fastlifts 335 are great, I haven't used them since I started training after the cough cough irus, and the reason is that while super stiff, no compression and max support, they are only useful for the squat (not the bench, not the press, and not the deadlift). So putting on a pair of shoes for one exercise, then taking it off for the other 66% or more of the workout, doesn't make sense.

So I don't know for other numbers of the inov8, but the fast lift 335 I would only recommend for competitions or if you like to waste time putting on and off shoes. And another thing: These shoes are absolutely painful to walk in. If you have to walk on concrete or marble floors, then 100% of the vibrations reverberate in your kneecaps. Walking 8 steps forward is painful in the knees, because it's like a hammer hitting an anvil. It's great if you are standing still and using your fixed position to rotate your bones to move a barbell up and down. It's terrible at everything else.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dyinglight View Post
    I have the inov8 fastlift 335, no doubt supplanted by a newer version.

From what I hear, the do-wins with wooden soles are the best. Because the wood absorbs the vibration without having elasticity.

As much as the inov8 fastlifts 335 are great, I haven't used them since I started training after the cough cough irus, and the reason is that while super stiff, no compression and max support, they are only useful for the squat (not the bench, not the press, and not the deadlift). So putting on a pair of shoes for one exercise, then taking it off for the other 66% or more of the workout, doesn't make sense.

So I don't know for other numbers of the inov8, but the fast lift 335 I would only recommend for competitions or if you like to waste time putting on and off shoes. And another thing: These shoes are absolutely painful to walk in. If you have to walk on concrete or marble floors, then 100% of the vibrations reverberate in your kneecaps. Walking 8 steps forward is painful in the knees, because it's like a hammer hitting an anvil. It's great if you are standing still and using your fixed position to rotate your bones to move a barbell up and down. It's terrible at everything else.
    How does the wood sole absorb vibration (vs. transmitting it) without having elasticity? Is what you're getting at that it's somewhat compressible, but not flexible?

What makes the Fastlifts good for squatting but not the other lifts? During the other three major lifts, the feet should be as static as in the squat, and transmitting force into the ground similarly, so I'm not following you.

(Proper) lifting shoes aren't meant for walking around in any more than swim fins or skis or ice skates. They're for providing a stable and unyielding connection between your body and the deck, with support for the structures of the feet, and that's all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12