starting strength gym

Thread: Lifting Shoes for Flat Feet

Default Lifting Shoes for Flat Feet

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I know I know, you’re thinking “ANOTHER thread about freaking lifting shoes?!” I promise that I have read other pertinent threads and am not asking everyone to re-hash what they have already said.
    I have exceptionally flat feet. 0 arch whatsoever. When a normal person walks on the beach, their footprint in the sand curves inward where their arch is. Mine curves OUTWARD by a pretty substantial amount.
    I wear custom insoles in every shoe already, but using Vans as my lifting shoes (even with insoles) is very clearly untenable.

So: Do my flat feet change what I should be looking for in a lifting shoe at all/any particular recommendations?

Not really, no. The only preference difference is whether or not you want a shoe with a bit of heel under it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChubbyViking View Post
    I know I know, you’re thinking “ANOTHER thread about freaking lifting shoes?!” I promise that I have read other pertinent threads and am not asking everyone to re-hash what they have already said.
    I have exceptionally flat feet. 0 arch whatsoever. When a normal person walks on the beach, their footprint in the sand curves inward where their arch is. Mine curves OUTWARD by a pretty substantial amount.
    I wear custom insoles in every shoe already, but using Vans as my lifting shoes (even with insoles) is very clearly untenable.

So: Do my flat feet change what I should be looking for in a lifting shoe at all/any particular recommendations?
    If you have custom insoles, wear them in your lifting shoes. You can then buy lifting shoes like anybody else!

I'm a big fan of the Nike Romaleos been using them for a while now as my feet arn't the most arched around

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenKelly View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Nike Romaleos been using them for a while now as my feet arn't the most arched around
    seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    seconded.
    To help future SSers: I went with the Romaleos. I am quite pleased.

starting strength coach development program
    Damn those are pricey. I’m sure they are very good, though.