starting strength gym

Thread: Are spotter stands a good choice?

Default Are spotter stands a good choice?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What do you think about these models of spotter stands or similar? Do you think they are just as effective as the racks that have spotter arms built into their design?
    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s...ds/401475.html
    https://www.titan.fitness/sale/scrat...e/R430032.html

For what exercises?

To do squats.

Describe how you would do squats with these.

It would be to have them as supports in case a rep is failed. Of course, the bar would initially be in a rack that doesn't have spotter arms. More or less it would be something similar to what can be seen in this video from 21:45. Obviously the quality of the material I think is better.
    Starting Strength Coaches Review Your Lifts | Strength Club Weekly - YouTube

What happens if you drop a squat anywhere other than in the direct center of this shitty little stands? Can you guess?

OK. I understand it more or less. I am not referring to the raw horsepower in the video, but to the equipment in the two links in the first comment.
    I think if I fail in a rep when doing a squat, since the support is not straight, there would be a risk that I would become unbalanced and fall. The arms should be straight to prevent this and long enough to cover the entire path the bar makes in the sagittal plane. Is it well reasoned teacher?

But for example, would this or similar models with flat support do the job for failed squat reps, or is it still crap?
    www.wsxstore.com

If they have a stable base and are made of a rigid material, I don't understand how a spotter stand with these characteristics could not fulfill its function like the spotter arms included in the structure of a rack.

If you do not understand, then it's going to take a couple of years of mechanical engineering school to help you understand. It not an issue of horizontal or not, it's an issue of stability, and weigh bearing ability and the combination of those two together. As a normal healthy male you could be easily be squatting north of 400lbs. There are two solutions accepted by the industry as safe.

A power rack.
    Rogue R-3 Power Rack - Weight Training - CrossFit | Rogue USA

or Spotter Arms, off of your rack.
    SAML-24 Monster Lite Safety Spotter Arms (Pair) | Rogue USA

Anything less that that and you are risking injury to you and those around you. Yes you can make your own, but you better know what you doing, understand the forces involved, and understand the contraction and it's limitations.

Note: I gave references to Rogue productions for my conveyance, there are many other manufacturers that make similar and better products.

starting strength coach development program
    There more than one video on YouTube where someone failed in a squat, and ether knocked the spotter stand sideways, or one end of the barbell landed on a spotter stand and the other missed.

To me, that looked really dangerous.