starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adidas Adipower 2

Default Adidas Adipower 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I bought the original Adipower maybe in 2012 or so. I love them shoe has been a beast. I thought I would replace them with same exact pair. Well all good things must come to an end? The new Adipowers look like a soft tennis shoe and not as stiff. Anyone tried them yet?

adidas

The new adipowers absolutely suck. The original adipower is my personal favorite shoe. If you're lucky, you can find good condition originals on eBay for a decent price.

Thanks for feedback, I suspected they wouldn't be anything like the original

I've been looking through he forums. I'll have to buy something else. Probably Rogue do-wins. I refuse to ever buy anything from Nike.
    I did notice a shoe called Inov-8 Men's fastlift 360. One review claimed the were a clone of the original Adipower

I have very small holes in the top of the Adipower. I have strange toenails that tend to grow upwards and where my toemails hit there are small slice / holes now. I called a couple of shoe repair places and they said they can't repair them. I think I will just white tape them for the time being while I ponder my next shoes. I have big feet, size 14, so I can never find any store with my size that I can try it on. Did take a look on ebay for the original Adipower, no luck with my big feet.

I really like the Do-win classic lifters. They'll last forever. Half of our members here have them and love them. The website tells you to size down, but don't.

I have both the Adipowers original and the new Adipowers. The newer ones allow the foot to rotate sidewards too much, whereas the originals kept the foot very sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    I really like the Do-win classic lifters. They'll last forever. Half of our members here have them and love them. The website tells you to size down, but don't.
    Is the heel height on these shoes higher than on the original Do-wins, which had a 0.5" heel?

The new do-win classics are advertised as 3/4” heels. My old ones were 3/4 as well. I think they actually started selling the 1/2” right after I bought mine.

The new adipower shoes are certainly crap. I bought a pair after the soles started falling off of my do-wins. At first I thought I was just adjusting to a new shoe, but I just could not keep myself balanced in those things. I ended up giving them to a friend of my son, and almost feel bad for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beckham View Post
    ... after the soles started falling off of my do-wins.
    I'm wondering if a cobbler could resole my do wins. Obviously the newer plastic version can't but the classics have leather soles. I wonder if anyone has ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    I'm wondering if a cobbler could resole my do wins. Obviously the newer plastic version can't but the classics have leather soles. I wonder if anyone has ever tried.
    I have sort of, successfully.

I've got the older ones with a 1/2" heel. The sole was peeling from the front. The cobbler was able to reglue it, and said he could resole it if needed later.

Also, don't sell the cobbler short. They are very competent. They might be able to sand down the plastic sole and retread it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I've got the older ones with a 1/2" heel. The sole was peeling from the front. The cobbler was able to reglue it, and said he could resole it if needed later.
    I agree that a good cobbler can definitely do a resole job. Lots of appeal to keeping a good pair of shoes in the game.

No talk of Romaloes 4 on this thread. They’re stiff and stable if that’s what the OP is after. However, I squat better in my .5” Rip shoes. Something about that traditional design and feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast