starting strength gym

Thread: Bench press purchase

Default Bench press purchase

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Call me picky but I do not like bench pressing with a rollout bench in a squat rack. What bench presses do yall recommend.

What is a "rollout bench"?

If I get what you're saying, you don't like using a standalone bench within a rack, and you want a fixed setup, with the bench integral to the uprights and safeties?

I lift in a squat stand with adjustable safeties, and made a deck with an indented sort of socket to hold my bench in a fixed and consistent position. It's scrap 2x4 and 1/2" OSB, cut and screwed together to hold tight in the base of the stand. Since it's removable, the same sort of thing would work in a rack, if that's what you wanted. I don't need it, but it was simple enough to throw together for fun and convenience.

What is it specifically that you are trying to achieve or avoid?

Like getting a normal bench you would see near the dumbell rack at a gym and putting it in a squat rack and lowering the pins and benching there. I'm picky I like a bench press with racks welded to it.

Call it OCD I guess, I just like to have a bench press with the rack system fixed together. I like my squat rack to stand alone. I've always squated, over head press off a squat rack but benched on a fixed bench.

Texas Strength Systems makes good benches.