starting strength gym

Thread: Torque Tank Questions

Default Torque Tank Questions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,

I bought the M1 tank about a year ago, and am wondering if the MX was the way to go. I like the M1 being portable, and sometimes I take it elsewhere (but not often). I’m wondering if:

A-the mx’s 3 resistance levels are stronger than the 3 on my M1?

B-wether they are or not, is the added 25% “mx” level really that big of a difference tk justify an upgrade?

The torque rep I spoke with tonhjt claims that max effort on M1 is equivalent to 525lbs, M4 700 and MX 850. I’ve never had anyone speak on that prior to him.

Anyone have an opinion on both the MX and M1?

I don’t have any opinion on those questions, but can you tell me if the Torque Tank can be used effectively on a cement surface like a driveway?

Sure can. And that’s exactly where I use mine.

Thank you. Any regrets? Other than maybe the price?

Sorry for the delayed response! Nope, none-excellent piece of equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Thank you. Any regrets? Other than maybe the price?
    For a little while, I was using an M4. The brakes don't provide enough resistance, it is heavy, the handles are ridiculously too thick, takes up a lot of space, and it is expensive. The only benefit I see with it over a regular prowler is that you don't have to load as many plates on to it. I don't know why anyone would prefer this over a regular prowler, especially given the cost.

starting strength coach development program
    I had an M1 Tank and ended up selling it. The weather around me isn't really amenable to pushing this thing outside for half of the year plus it didn't really provide all that much resistance. Glad I was able to sell it for very close to what I paid for it. I wish my gym would buy a prowler. I've asked, but it won't. Another gym near me won't either. They are satisfied with their "yoke." I gave up on the prowler thing and now just do incline treadmill walks. Tired of chasing it.