starting strength gym

Thread: Anything wider than the Do Wins?

Default Anything wider than the Do Wins?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Has anyone else found the Do Win shoes to be not wide enough?
    And if so, have you found another brand that is comfortable?

I tried the Do Wins and couldn't get through the first work out due to severe pain. I'm not sure it's something I can just break into without consequences. Anyone else had a similar experience, and found shoes that accommodate wider feet?

4EEEE's here. Yes, the Do Wins are brutal for a bit. But they do break in, just like any custom-made leather shoe/boot.

At first, I would only wear them to squat, then swap to other shoes for the rest of the workout. Once they started loosening a bit, I'd wear them for the deadlift, too. Then they loosened up even more, to the point that I could wear them through all three lifts of a NLP. Now, I forget that they are on my feet and have often left them on post-workout, roaming around the house (including stairs) for hours.

Good to hear. thanks.

If you have the leather Do Wins, have you considered getting a shoe stretcher? I upgraded from the plastic ones to the leather ones about a year ago and the leather ones where a bit tighter. My experience is like others that once they broke in and molded to my foot, they are great. I'm a single E and they formed up great. What size are you?

If you want to fork up the cash, the Asics 727 tigers spread out a little more than most WL shoes. I had a member try mine on one day when he forgot his shoes. He immediately bought them on ebay because it was the first shoe he tried that he liked the width on. Expensive and I rarely recommend them for that reason, but just sharing the n=1 from my gym. I like them for myself because they feel great, just wish the heel was wedged.