starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended models of weightlifting shoes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The resole is a simple job for a good cobbler. These are cemented (glued) soles, which are simple to replace, unlike a high quality leather shoe or boot, which would have stitching. The only downside is that the glue takes a long time to dry (it's also not so good to breathe while it's drying). Take a picture to your cobble of the new style sole you want (see my post from December 5). That's a Vibram sole - easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    The resole is a simple job for a good cobbler. These are cemented (glued) soles, which are simple to replace, unlike a high quality leather shoe or boot, which would have stitching. The only downside is that the glue takes a long time to dry (it's also not so good to breathe while it's drying). Take a picture to your cobble of the new style sole you want (see my post from December 5). That's a Vibram sole - easy to come by.
    I had my Do Wins resoled and my cobbler said it was a simple task. If you plan on resoling, stop before you wear into the leather stack. That is more complicated to replace.

I have discovered the NOBULL brand that looks good and has attractive prices now that it is sales season. This model (and some others) have a similarity to the Do-Win Classic Lifter. Can the sole be replaced too?
    https://www.nobullmadrid.com/zapatil...qv-p-1088.html

If you want to see the entire catalog: https://www.nobullmadrid.com/zapatos...a-c-21_25.html

starting strength coach development program
    Oso, good point about doing the resole before the leather gets worn into.

Hugo, I wasn't able to open the NoBull Madrid link you posted, but if their version of the shoe is the same as the one sold in the States it looks resolable. It looks like a simple rubber outsole glued to a stacked leather heel. I don't see a reason why this could not be resoled when the time comes.

Can't say I have any experience with this brand to comment on quality or longevity.

Have you seen the Velassa Strake shoes? Beautiful looking shoes but they come with a pretty high wooden heel, more than .75" last I checked. More for Olympic style lifting. A cobbler could reduce the heel height, but that's a more expensive job on an already expensive shoe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12