starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of sports pants should I wear to do powercleans?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Friction doesn't cause bruising. It causes abrasions.

hockey pants ?

For some strange reason, I got a bruise doing power cleans last week. It was really 2 weeks ago when I started to notice more discomfort than normal when doing this exercise. It's never happened to me before. It was on the right midthigh just in the area where I hit the bar to do the second pull. It's swollen and I must have a bruise. I applied the RICE method for the next 2 days (rest, ice, compression and elevation) to reduce swelling and inflammation. Now I'm applying an anti-inflammatory ointment derived from ibuprofen that they say helps re-flood the blood.
    Today, Wednesday, although I'm feeling somewhat better, it still hurts and the area still feels hard. I'm already getting the idea that this week I'm not going to be able to do powercleans because the first thing is to heal. Apart from the fact that if I do them the pain would affect my performance.
    I have come to the conclusion that perhaps it is a good idea to use a thigh pad to protect the area because of my fear of it happening again. And I also have to use another type of leggins when doing powerclean and stop wearing my running tights.
    I'm worried because I don't want to be limited in my progress in this exercise that I like so much (I like all of them, but I love this one a lot) because these types of obstacles arise. Furthermore, from what I have of first aid knowledge, if a contusion does not heal and begins to worsen, it can cause complications such as infections, formation of clots that spread through the bloodstream and compartment syndrome, which is a health emergency that can lead to death.

Sorry if I don't express myself completely correctly. English is not my native language and my vocabulary is not as rich as yours, especially when referring to types of pants.

Post a video of your power clean. Something is very wrong.

Hugo, you aren't catching the bar hard against your thigh on the way DOWN, are you?

You are probably banging the bar into your thigh, rather than smoothing pulling the bar up the thigh as you extend. Pretty common fault.

It's an incorrect form but be serious. You are not going to die. Olympic weightlifting would be littered with corpses if you could.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    You are probably banging the bar into your thigh, rather than smoothing pulling the bar up the thigh as you extend. Pretty common fault.

It's an incorrect form but be serious. You are not going to die. Olympic weightlifting would be littered with corpses if you could.
    Yes you're right. With the new bar that gains more inertia when lifted, I incorporated the habit of hitting it with my thighs. I must reduce kilos and review my technique. I went to the doctor and although the swelling has disappeared, he told me that I must have a fibrillar tear in my thigh because that area is hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12