Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Stronger every day, week, month, year

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Monday
    Sq 313 5x5 PR
    BP 198 5x5 PR

Both were PRs for 5x5. Squat felt really, really solid. I found my groove and was bouncing out of the hole. In the zone, feeling the flow. I felt the weight in my entire hamstring as opposed to just the proximal attachment like I normally do. I think this has to do with the massage therapy sessions...my legs just feel more efficient with a load on them...Like I have more ability to generate force when I need it.

Recovery workout tonight
    Sq 198 5x2
    BP 132 5x2

Dude. I was sore. I felt a lot better after the workout and followed up with 4 beers, 3 chicken sandwiches 2 blueberry muffins and 1 ribeye. Goodnight

Sq 357 5x1 PR
    BP 228 5x1 PR

Squat felt solid. BP felt solid. I drank a cup of coffee 30 minutes prior to the workout and I think I felt a big difference in terms of being able to be psyched up for each lift. I was going to start working PC back in today but I got a huge hamstring cramp on the last bench rep. It didn't let go for about 4-5 minutes...so I just put them off until next week.

Sq 318 5x5 PR
    Press 132 5x5 PR

Tough one for sure. My legs are shot right now. I had trouble walking around for about ten minutes after the 5th set. The press was solid...no real trouble there.

Sq 362 5x1 PR
    PRess 154 5x1 PR

Felt good. I missed my recovery workout on Wed due to Golf League. I don't know what to say except that it seems that the Texas method is working for my 239.5 lb ass.

Volume Day
    Sq 323 5x5 PR
    BP 203 5x5 PR

Another solid day. I felt very, very good on squat and bench. Drank some coffee before my workout and found my groove in the squat again. Maybe the Golf is working...although I did tweak my wrist and shoot a 50 (dang!) Vitamin I for the next week I guess. Tough time with my double prong belt though...I suspect I may be over 240 now and It took me about 1 min to get that thing off of me after each set.

Intensity day
    Sq 367 5x1 PR
    BP 233 5x1 PR
    C&J 184

Both felt ok today. I got a calf cramp on rep 2 and had to just grind it out. Not sure I was focusing on form too much just depth and survival. Bench went fine...deep breath, 4 reps then another breath before the last rep. I put the C&J back in today and worked my way back up to one heavy single. I tied a PR @184 so I just stopped there. I definitely had more in the tank but I didn't want to push it with my recent Golf induced wrist issue. I can tell I have gotten a lot stronger since the last time I tried the olympic lifts. BTW I missed the recovery workout again this week due to Golf League and my inability to get out of bed in the morning...to lift weights.

Volume Day
    Sq 328 5x5
    Press 135 5x5

A rough workout for sure. I think I got behind on protein this week with strange work schedules and a lot of travel with Mother's Day. I'll focus more on protein and sleep for the next few days.

Intensity Day

Sq 372 5x1 PR
    Press 157 5x1 PR
    PC&J 189 1x1 PR

Had trouble with the last rep in both the squat and the press. I made it but just barely. I worked 60 hours this week preceded by a lot of traveling the weekend before with Mother's day. I think I lost about 5 pounds this week. I'll focus on recovery over this weekend and next week. Still feels pretty damn good to be making this kind of progress though. I think my long term goal of a 400 lb squat is definitely in sight now. My form on the PC was a "C" but I got it up...

Volume Day
    Sq 333 5X5
    BP 208 5x5

Oh man did I struggle with the squat today. I think I'm still recovering from the bump up in work hours from last week...I also spent most of yesterday out at the shooting range in the heat ~90. I had two reps that I know were high and the rest were pretty solid but I was shot by that fifth set. I had trouble walking afterward. I had to take 20 mins before I went to the bench...BP was no problem today btw. I wonder if I should repeat this weight next week or continue on to 338? I'm trying to add five pounds on Mon and five on Fri until I can't anymore but since I had some specific events that impacted my performance this week I wonder if I should just correct them and keep moving on...I did lose exactly 5.5 lbs from not paying attention to eating.

starting strength coach development program
    Intensity Day
    Sq 377 4x1 PR
    BP 238 4x1 PR

I didn't feel recovered from Monday for this one. I ate better this week...BW back up to 240 but I was still about an hour and a half a night short on sleep. I'll keep up the eating and try to sleep but my schedule has been tough the last 3-4 weeks. I also have a weekend long shooting class and trip to the beach coming up next weekend. I may shift to sets of 3 for Friday until I can get back to a normal schedule. If I can keep adding 5 pounds I'm only 5 weeks away from my goal of 400lbs on Sq.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678