Squats (with rope for grip)
    2x5x245
    Dead Lifts
    5x315

Friday
    Treadmill Incline Intervals
    8 x 20/1:40 @ 10.5%

2 minute HRR 160-124

Still waiting for the pre approval for my surgery. Damned insurance companies.

Monday

So the scheduler at the ortho's orafice screwed up and failed to expedite the insurance approval. Tried a last ditch effort this morning to get them to check all their boxes and get me in... all for naught.

So, it's being rescheduled for next week after my wife and I rearranged everything to make it work this week.
    Apparently they are waiting to get some kind of medical justification. I'm not sure why this is so hard.

I will try to get over to the gym today and see what I can do.

Thursday
    Squats
    Warmed up, felt a groin pull I think I got when carrying dogs upstairs to the bath after a run in with a skunk. Did a single at 245 and thought better of it.
    Dead Lifts
    5x315 felt the groin pull but it seemed manageable.

I think the skunks are nesting in about 20 years worth of pine needles in my neighbors yard. I'm afraid to take the garbage out! I'm sure I saw the bugger the next night too. We had a little stare down in the dark at 20 paces.

Found the H2O2 + NaHCO + detergent recipe for deodorizing (that's hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap). Two washes with that, another wash with a special skunk formula shampoo, and several more washes with regular shampoo over two days and we could live with the dogs again. My boxer-bull mastiff took it directly in her snout. I basically had to waterboard the dear thing. She was foaming at the mouth so I turned the hose on her right away.
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 09-07-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Saturday
    Treadmill Interval Work
    1/2 mile at 10 min/mile pace (2 min HRR 157-117)
    2 x 1/4 mile at 8 min/mile pace (2 min HRR 168-121)

So I checked with the insurance company on Friday and my approval is still pending. I just have to ask why they don't do this before they put you in the schedule? Hopefully I'm not waiting all day on Monday for word. This is nerve wracking.

I'm on for shoulder surgery tomorrow morning.

Nerve block sucks. Pain might be worse. Not sure.

Pain is increasing but tolerable, even for a big baby like myself. So far the only side effect from the oxy came after a walk when I started a cold dripping sweat. This episode only lasted about 10 minutes and was resolved by laying down. Well, that and I haven't had a deuce since yesterday morning.

Sleep was better than I expected last night. I was really worried because my lungs were affected by the nerve block and I was only getting very shallow breaths. The chair I was planning on sleeping in wasn't helping. Then I got the idea to try one our 0g lawn chairs. That's been a god send though getting out by myself has been a challenge.

I've been using a cold therapy machine, and started using the compression feature today. It runs on a timer, pretty slick thing.

Actually, I should add that none of this would be happening except my sweet wife is making it happen.

Wow, can't edit posts at all now? I suppose it's time to start backing up my log to move it elsewhere. Hopefully that can wait until I can use two hands.

starting strength coach development program
    Sunday
    20170915_155515.jpg - Google Drive

Still rehabbing, all passive. I think I could play the piano... at least easy stuff but I'll ask the PT what he thinks on Tuesday, then maybe just do some playing anyway.