starting strength gym
Page 53 of 338 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: ColoWayno's log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've got a surgical consult scheduled for Monday.

Making a log isn't very fun when you aren't doing anything. That's true in more than one context.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    He gave me the thumbs up on hunting. I think I will take my lifting belt though.
    Atta boy! I went for a hike with my rifle today too.....er....I mean I went hunting today too............!

Are you chasing the giant Colorado high country mulies I hear so much about? My son has been buying us points in Colorado for the past 8 or 9 years and I think he told me we were maxed out. So it looks like we'll be going to Colorado next year after mulies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    Atta boy! I went for a hike with my rifle today too.....er....I mean I went hunting today too............!

Are you chasing the giant Colorado high country mulies I hear so much about? My son has been buying us points in Colorado for the past 8 or 9 years and I think he told me we were maxed out. So it looks like we'll be going to Colorado next year after mulies.
    I really had to stand on the brakes last night as Bambi's uncle started to cross in front of me. He veered off at the last second, lucky for him, or he would have painted the grill of my van. I say Bambi's uncle because he was just a touch less impressive than the beast that's been seen around my house lately. This near hit was about two mile north of the house so they may actually be related. Deer season opened at dawn this morning. I won't be taking any walks in the woods for a bit.

Unfortunately, I decided against going, the hernia being the main reason. I was going to go after a hog in Texas.

Saturday (183.5)

Conditioning
    About 38 minutes on the bike including 12 minue warmup, 4 2 minute intervals achieving and maintaining a hr > 150 and 2 1 minute intervals a&m > 160.

It looks like I will be doing mostly conditioning between now and the end of the year or so.

Sunday (185.4)

I hiked about 2.75 miles, about 500 feet of elevation. It was about 40 degrees F, sunny with no wind.

I'm finding I really don't care about updating my log. I see the surgeon tomorrow, so that's good.
    Food
    Breakfast: 3 eggs with veggies and cheese, 16oz milk
    Recovery: 24 oz milk, 1/2 brownie
    Dinner: salmon, salad, wine
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 11-21-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Monday (183.5)
    Conditioning
    50 minutes on the bike including a 15 minute warmup and intervals with three minutes rest: 4x2 minutes with hr > 150 and 4x1 minute with hr > 160

Not quite puke time on those intervals, but some definite discomfort on the last couple. Those hr's were achieved and maintained during the interval.

Surgery Dec 1st.
    Back to training by the first of the year.

Food
    Breakfast: 3 eggs + veggies, 16oz milk
    Recovery: 1 quart milk
    Dinner: ground beef nachos with cheese, sour cream, guacomole, chips
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 11-22-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Tuesday (183.8)

2 mile walk in the hills, easy.

Food
    Breakfast: 3 eggs + lots of veggies + cheese, 16oz milk.
    Recovery: 1 qt whole milk.
    Dinner: chicken, asparagus, salad
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 11-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Wednesday (181.2)
    Conditioning
    1) 25 minute walk in the hills at lunch.
    2) 50 minutes on the bike including a 15 minute warmup and intervals with three minutes rest: 4x2 minutes with hr > 150 and 4x1 minute with hr > 160

Amazing how fast you can drop weight when you kick the creatine and don't have to eat to support lifting. I'd rather be lifting, though. I'm going to try for a good 4 month run getting my lifts back to pr territory after the first of the year, then I'll be looking at getting in shape for lots of hiking next summer. I would like to get out and snow shoe some this winter and basically keep up some conditioning in the gym.

Food
    Breakfast: 3 eggs with veggies and cheese, 3 strips bacon, 1 orange, 16oz milk, coffee
    Lunch: some meat from the companies Thanksgiving potluck, a little ice cream
    Dinner: chicken caprice salad from Red Robin, chicken, greens, pepperoni, soft cheese, focaccia bread, wine at home.

Here's some scenery I'm blessed to enjoy on this foot path that starts at the end of my companies parking lot. I'm thankful for beautiful scenery.

Last edited by ColoWayno; 11-23-2011 at 09:19 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday (183)
    Conditioning
    Hiked Waldo Canyon with two of my sons. It was just enough to get my knees crabby. I felt well conditioned for this.

6.8 miles, 1,055 feet net vertical gain at the highest point which is 8,085 feet above sea level.

Alex (above) ships off to San Diego in January

Jacob and myself

Nice day.
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 11-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.