starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 275 Deadlift - 230 Squat - 100 Press (kg)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalala View Post
    Very basic, I like.
    Yeah, that's how I like it. If things start going wrong, I attribute it what I'm eating before anything else. Too many people immediately assume they need to start changing everything or adding assistance work at the slightest glimpse of a halt in progress.

Also, this should probably be in the general training log section as opposed to the intermediate forum. I'm very confident that if I can eat my way towards 100kg bodyweight I can linearly progress to 180kg working sets on the squat without much hassle.

Default Tuesday 22/06/2010

Squat: 3x5 - 140kg
    Bench: 3x8 - 80kg

Got the rack and stuff today, I may take a picture later. However, the silly people at the store I bought it from sent me standard 5kg plates, meaning they don't fit onto my olympic bar. It's unfortunate that the weights I'm supposed to be doing for everything requires 5kg plates. So I'm going to have to work around it with the reps for a little while until that gets sorted.

Seated Press - 3x5 - 60kg

Unfortunately, the ceiling is too low in my room to press standing. So, as inferior as it is, I'm just going to have to do seated presses.

The plan from now is just an exercise a day. So, squat one day, next day bench, next day press, next day squat etc. With rest days just when I feel like I need one.
    Last edited by Magnetotail; 06-23-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Squat: 2x5 - 150kg

I'm thinking about sticking with 2 sets of 5 and going heavy every squat day, or doing 3 sets with light days. The 5kg plates arrived very quickly after a lengthy complaint email. And I need to get a weight tree, it's quite annoying without one when there's so little space left in the room.

starting strength coach development program
    Bench: 3x5 - 90kg
    Deadlift: 1x2 - 200kg

Still getting used to the rack, and I'm pretty sure there's some small discrepancy between the weights I have and those at the gym. Just messing around with the deadlift really. I've decided to go to Texas method for my squats, so I'll do one heavy set of 5 tomorrow for intensity day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12