starting strength gym
Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivroar's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I found this one

http://www.apa-wpa.com/2010%20Entry%...cEntryForm.htm

I could get there by myself with public transportation.

Should I??? It's a lot of money, but I'd love to compete at least once while I'm still in my teens.

Well, you'll be in the 90kg class, and you should fit right in. I did my first meet in June finishing with 363/242/451 in the 82.5Kg class and did pretty damn well. I'm looking to get around 440/280/500 at my next on Dec. 3rd before moving up to your class. Then we can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Well, you'll be in the 90kg class, and you should fit right in. I did my first meet in June finishing with 363/242/451 in the 82.5Kg class and did pretty damn well. I'm looking to get around 440/280/500 at my next on Dec. 3rd before moving up to your class. Then we can compete.
    Okay explain this to me... 90kg = 198 lbs... but I only weight 187, probably will weight in the low 190's by the time of that meet. That's still 90kg?

Your numbers look good, I think I could get there by december 11, only drawback is that I'm 1 class above you, as you say.

yeah, the classes are the max weight, so 82.5= 75.1-82.5, 90kg=82.6-90kg

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    yeah, the classes are the max weight, so 82.5= 75.1-82.5, 90kg=82.6-90kg
    I see. I thought it was by minimum weight. Thanks.

If everything goes right, I should get to 380 squat for a triple by Dec 11. That's raw without a belt and straps, since I've always trained without them. With belt and straps as allowed by that meet, I could probably break 400... shit, if I can do that, I will go. If I have the money hah.

What does division 1, 2 & 3 mean?
    Last edited by Carnivroar; 10-03-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Surely you mean wraps, not straps?

You should get them both now to get some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Surely you mean wraps, not straps?

You should get them both now to get some practice.
    Yeah, wraps, ha.

Getting the belt this week finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    I see. I thought it was by minimum weight. Thanks.

If everything goes right, I should get to 380 squat for a triple by Dec 11. That's raw without a belt and straps, since I've always trained without them. With belt and straps as allowed by that meet, I could probably break 400... shit, if I can do that, I will go. If I have the money hah.

What does division 1, 2 & 3 mean?
    Don't bother with wraps, a belt might be a good investment. Division 1, 2, & 3 means what divisions you're entering (open, U20, etc). Extra entries means extra chances at placing and such and perhaps qualifying for nationals in those divisions (or setting records). However, it costs extra. Don't bother entering more than one. Enter open, unless you think both of the following are true: 1. you can get a qualifying total for nationals in your age class 2. you will go to nationals if you do. That is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    Don't bother with wraps, a belt might be a good investment.
    Well, wraps will give him far more in the squat than any belt ever will. And they're a lot cheaper.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    Don't bother with wraps, a belt might be a good investment. Division 1, 2, & 3 means what divisions you're entering (open, U20, etc). Extra entries means extra chances at placing and such and perhaps qualifying for nationals in those divisions (or setting records). However, it costs extra. Don't bother entering more than one. Enter open, unless you think both of the following are true: 1. you can get a qualifying total for nationals in your age class 2. you will go to nationals if you do. That is just my opinion.
    I'm kind of lost with all you just said, but I'm assuming division 1 would then be the best, or only, choice given my lifts/age/weight?

Quote Originally Posted by hbriem View Post
    Well, wraps will give him far more in the squat than any belt ever will. And they're a lot cheaper.
    Well definitely I'd use all equipment within the rules to my benefit since others will too.

Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast