starting strength gym
Page 181 of 275 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2742

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I really hope that I'm an outlier on the fat gain/muscle loss continuum. I realize it's out of my control, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of "losing" what I've worked so hard to obtain.
    It won't be lost. You'll be storming back soon.

I bet your training and the discipline it requires will be a well you can draw from during this hard time. Better to take a little weight off the bar than not train at all.

Quote Originally Posted by codger View Post
    It won't be lost. You'll be storming back soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    I bet your training and the discipline it requires will be a well you can draw from during this hard time. Better to take a little weight off the bar than not train at all.
    I'm fully on board with your comments. I was just venting, and feeling sorry for myself. I'm over it..for now

1/18/20

#kickcancerinthedick reps/sets

Cycle 2
    Deadlift - 180kg 5*3
    Wagon Wheel Deads - 155kg 5*4
    Bench - 67.5kg 8*3
    Press - 50kg 4*3

Better day than Thursday. Last top set was a bit more than #8, but I'm pushing when and where I can.

Press actually felt good...for the first time in EVER.

I caught one of the BBM vlogs last night where Jordan touched on training with cancer. It drove home the fact that I need to be upping the amount of protein I'm getting daily...125-150 grams isn't gonna cut it. I need to be upwards of 200 grams. Protein shakes, here.I.come.

Ever check out The Vertical Diet, which can also send frozen meals? I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Ever check out The Vertical Diet, which can also send frozen meals? I'm tempted to pull the trigger.
    I'm using a food prep service for my dinners. A guy in my gym is the head chef. Good macros, tasty, great variety...and easy on the budget and not frozen. Each meal is $6.00 and gets you approximately:
    450 calories, 35-40 P / 45-50 C / 10-12 F.

If I wanted a "special diet, I could order that as well, at a higher price. They do stock Keto Servings as a regular offering.

My issue / problem is that I just can't eat a lot at one sitting. I have to resort to liquid calories / protein to hit my requirements.

Things will be interesting during the month of radiation therapy.

I'm using a food prep service for my dinners. A guy in my gym is the head chef. Good macros, tasty, great variety...and easy on the budget and not frozen. Each meal is $6.00 and gets you approximately:
    450 calories, 35-40 P / 45-50 C / 10-12 F.
    That sounds great! Wish I had access to such a service. The food options in my small desert town are kind of bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by codger View Post
    That sounds great! Wish I had access to such a service. The food options in my small desert town are kind of bleak.
    I think that there are services that will ship frozen to you. The appear to be a bit more expensive though.

This company seems to be attracting quite a diverse clientele. When I went in on Thursday, there were pre-teens, teens, and adults; athletes and regular folks...in large numbers for such a niche product. They have made quite an inroad with a couple of the sports franchises, notably the Sabres (hockey) and the Bandits (lacrosse).

All I know is that they are a godsend, as I'm not the worlds best cook. Breakfast, and lunch foods I can handle with enough variety to keep from getting bored. Dinners...that's a whole other deal. Add to the fact that I'm just not interested in taking the time to prepare a full, three course meal that has enough variety to make it interesting, and healthy.

That may change over time, but for now I take the path of least resistance.

1/21/20

#kickcancerinthedick reps/sets

Cycle 2

SBS - 100kg 7*3
    Tempo SBS - 70kg 5*5
    Belt Squat - 60kg 10*4
    Reverse Fly - 35lbs 10*3
    Dumbbell Press - 35lbs 10*3

Another birthday in the books, officially 65 as of yesterday. A year ago I was Squatting 150kg for reps. Today...not so much.

Today was the worst day of this cancer journey to date. My sleep is so disrupted, I'm a zombie. My wind is shot. Seriously, even the Dumbbell Press had me huffing and puffing.

I was supposed to have Squatted the top sets at 120kg. I got two reps in, and was so lightheaded I had to rack the bar. Even getting out of a chair is causing me issues with lightheadedness. As you can see, I had to drop the weight considerably to be able to Squat with a clear head. If this continues, it's going to put a ceiling on how hard I can push things.

Saw the docs who are handling my case last Friday. They're thrilled I'm feeling so shitty. In their words, it means the treatments to date are doing exactly what they're supposed to.

My coach isn't concerned, he just wants me to get in reps, regardless of the weight on the bar. I'm sure Austin will say the same thing when he gets back to me.

Still, I'm a little pissed / disappointed in this bump in the road.

starting strength coach development program
    They're thrilled I'm feeling so shitty. In their words, it means the treatments to date are doing exactly what they're supposed to.
    What cards!