starting strength gym
Page 250 of 276 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2756

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Yep, sounds like you're in a really good spot. We're looking forward to your meet and rooting for you from afar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    sounds like a plan, and you're in a good place. can't wait to see that progress!
    I appreciate the support gentlemen!

Nice lifting. I would need a day to recuperate after a night out with the boys before hitting the weights.

3/19/22

10th Cycle - Week Three

Squat - Went through a competition progression: 140 / 150 / 160kg. I haven't touched 160kg in two years, it moved pretty well all things considered. I was not on my game getting to the gym, had to go home to get my sleeves, ran into brutal traffic coming back to the gym, I'm surprised I did as well as I did.

Bench - Again, I went through a competition progression: 88.5 / 91.5 / 94.5kg. Handled the top single (with commands) nicely. I'm feeling more comfortable under the unracked bar. Normally I'm in "fight or flight" mode, with the emphasis being on "flight" after I unrack the bar. Now I'm ready to fight...

Deadlift - More competition progressions: 185 / 195 /205kg. Starting to get butterflies in the stomach now that we're moving towards bigger pulls. I'm needing all my mental game to calm myself down and be in the moment. Pulls weren't hard, I' was just to amped to remember my cues at 205kg. I was good for at least another pull, if not two more...

Saturday - Strong, beltless, paused SSBs at 120kg 2*4, Sneaky Tempo Paused Bench singles up through 87kg, my Bench is feeling really good at the moment, and my mind is in a good place. I'll be damned, I repped out Dumbbell Presses with 45lbs Dumbbells 12*2...I might have to try my hand at Barbell Pressing in the coming cycles.

So we're done with week three, and week four is looming large in my mind. Tentatively we're on schedule for: S - 167.5kg (PR); B - 97.5kg (ties PR); D - 215kg (haven't touched 215 in two years). Not gonna lie, I'm nervous...performance anxiety and all that. I know I've put in the work, I just need to get out of my way mentally, and let the training do the talking.

...oh, and we're two weeks out!
    Last edited by Browndog; 03-19-2022 at 12:30 PM.

good steady work, look forward to seeing some big numbers!

Your progress sure looks on track for a good meet. You have some time to work on the head thing. You beat bigger things than this.

Please do let us know if there will be any live stream of the meet. We want to root you on!

Great work, BD! As you can tell, we are all rooting for you!

3/26/22

10th Cycle - Week Four

Squat - Would ya look at that, 167.5kg! First PR is two years...
    Went through the meet progression of 147.5 / 157.5kg. Everyone said the Squat was to depth, and folks in my gym are pretty much "mean girls" when it comes to calling out Squats not to depth. I'm pleased with the way I handled the moment, fully in control of the lift from beginning to end. Man, there's nothing like a PR...

Bench - 97.5kg was a shit show. I forgot all my cues...much sad, so disappoint.
    87.5 / 92.5kg moved slowly, but not enough to be alarming. A lot of my issues here are between the ears. I'm hoping that come meet day the energy of the room is worth 2.5kg. We shall see...

Deadlift - 212.5kg was a miss due to a technique issue. That, and the fact that there wasn't the normal hype crew to get the juices flowing.
    190 / 205kg moved smartly. Knee felt great, back was happy...212.5 should have been a lay up.
    Unfortunately, I pulled my knees back out of the lift right as the bar broke the floor, and I was left with the bar hanging a good six inches off my shins. I got the bar to just below the knees, but couldn't bring it back in to my legs to complete the lift.
    I stay in my knees a bit better, and that lift is good. At least we know my back is up for a good grind if need be...

Saturday - Started to dial back the intensity, and the overall volume of work. I feel pretty good for Week Four. I feel 100%% better than 10 months ago going into Raw Natls. Hard to believe that I've gone 10 cycles without a de-load. I'll be going cold turkey on caffeine until next Sunday, hoping for a bit of a boost on meet day.

I'm not sure what my attempts will be, coach doesn't have them to send out...maybe tomorrow. If I were to make a guess I'd say:
    S: 147.5 / 157.5 / 165-170
    B: 87.5 / 92.5 / 97.5-100
    D: 190 / 205 / 215-220
    I think I'm spot on for Openers and Seconds...

So meet day is Sunday, April the 3rd (not Saturday, boy would that have sucked to show up on the wrong day).

There isn't a livecast of the meet, but the Liftingcast link for the 1st Annual Powerlifting Got 'Em Mustache Classic is:

LiftingCast

Raw Masters 3 - 100kg - Chas Maloney

Will be rooting for you!

starting strength coach development program
    so much awesomeness