• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    5/26/20

Livin' in the 'rona times reps/sets

Squats - 70lbs 10*5
    Single Leg from a kneeling position - 35lbs 5*5
    Preacher Curls - 35lbs 10*5

Cardio - 2.5 mile walk...in bloody 90+ degree heat

I feel like everything is backsliding. These light weight sessions are killing me at the moment. And walking 2-4 miles isn't getting any easier.

Maybe all the accumulated stressors over the past 6 months are catching up with me?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    5/26/20

Cardio - 2.5 mile walk...in bloody 90+ degree heat

I feel like everything is backsliding. These light weight sessions are killing me at the moment. And walking 2-4 miles isn't getting any easier.

Maybe all the accumulated stressors over the past 6 months are catching up with me?!?
    Kudos for persistence. Maybe stress, but also weather? 90° in where are you, Buffalo? (I used to buy goalie gear there, so I associate it with COOL; I have relatives in Bergen.) With me, it's always a while to acclimate - kicks my butt, I get headaches, even training in the cooler cellar, lots of heavy breathing during training of late and I've temporarily dropped extra cardio. Heat is still better than snow - but yesterday I caved and unwrapped/turned on the ac!

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Kudos for persistence. Maybe stress, but also weather? 90° in where are you, Buffalo? (I used to buy goalie gear there, so I associate it with COOL; I have relatives in Bergen.) With me, it's always a while to acclimate - kicks my butt, I get headaches, even training in the cooler cellar, lots of heavy breathing during training of late and I've temporarily dropped extra cardio. Heat is still better than snow - but yesterday I caved and unwrapped/turned on the ac!
    Acclimation...it would be nice to ease into warmer weather, yes it would.

I have no house arrest lifting to log...because I moved into a new apartment over the weekend. I'm finally unpacked and somewhat squared away.

I averaged about 8k steps and 20 floors climbed Saturday and Sunday. Everything hurts, especially my Achilles tendons, and spinal erectors.

Today I walked the neighborhood. I hope to get a lift in tomorrow.

Non Lifting related...

Post Treatment PSA test results are back...drum-roll please...

I get to lift for a few more years !!!

Non Lifting related...

Post Treatment PSA test results are back...drum-roll please...

I get to lift for a few more years !!!
    congrats!!!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    congrats!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks folks!

Not much to report, lot's of walking. I got in about 7 miles today, along with some chin ups/pull ups/dips at a parkour station in the park where I walk. Some enterprising folks tore down the snow fence that blocked it off during the Whu Flu, so I ducked in to get a few mediocre sets in. Of course the 5-0 drove by and gave me the stink eye, but nothing more than that.

I'm still fatiguing extremely quickly these days, so I had the folks who handled my cancer treatments dial up some blood tests to see what's going on: complete blood panel, metabolic panel, and testosterone panel. They should be in by Monday, and I'll have Austin, and the team at Roswell evaluate the numbers.

Rejoice, my gym opens Monday!!!

In the meantime, I'm still doing the best I can given the fatigue issue.

Still lots of walking and performing the pull up/chin up/dip/plank circuit during the walks.

Blood test results are in, I'm just waiting to have them read. I think the issue is anemia, but then again, I'm not a doc.

My hands are so not ready for Deadlifts. I have no calluses...zero...zilche...nada.

starting strength coach development program
    Rejoice, my gym opens Monday!!!

In the meantime, I'm still doing the best I can given the fatigue issue.

Still lots of walking and performing the pull up/chin up/dip/plank circuit during the walks.

Blood test results are in, I'm just waiting to have them read. I think the issue is anemia, but then again, I'm not a doc.

My hands are so not ready for Deadlifts. I have no calluses...zero...zilche...nada.
    that's good news, gym. Was there an upshot on the results??