starting strength gym
Page 208 of 275 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2742

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    thanks for the advice, I am trying in these last couple sessions to get back up there. I'm only able to do deads, but I'm within sniffing distance of my pr so feel good about that, as I think you are 100% correct.

and as a bonus in a month or so I get to start back up again and remake those gainzzz lol
    When you get the green light to start back training, don't rush things.

I'd go with more volume and less intensity, (as your body allows that is).

1/14/21

Meet Week rep/sets

Squat - 100kg 1*3
    Bench - 62.5kg 1*3
    Deadlift - 125kg 1*2

Everything that happens on Saturday is all dependent on how my knee handles the day.

Most important item on the agenda: get a total!

good luck tomorrow

1/16/21

Mustache Mayhem 2021 Recap

For those of you who are following:

9 for 9

Squat - 150kg
    Bench - 97.5kg
    Deadlift - 205kg

I'm calling them all PR's, considering what I've been through the past year plus. Based on prior performances, I'm within 10% of my maxes on Squat and Deadlift, and right on my Bench max.

For being knicked up, and beat down over the last eight weeks, I had a great day. My anticipated 3rd attempts were 5kg lower across the board, but I moved the openers so easily that my coach changed the 2nds and 3rds to reflect this new found "pop". I attribute the new found "pop" to the two Aleves I took upon waking this morning at 0 Dark Thirty...that and copious amounts of pre-workout.

Probably had 155 / 157.5kg in me on the Squat. The Bench flew (for me), and 100kg was there for the taking. Might have been able to pull 210kg. But for not touching anything close to these weights since a year ago October 2019, these are numbers that I can appreciate.

Nice job, I'm sure it was a blast.

fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Nice job, I'm sure it was a blast.
    Thanks Gents!

I do so love getting on the platform...

1/18/21

De-Load Week

Step Ups
    Side to Side Hops
    Sled Pushes
    Leg Extensions
    3 Board Bench
    LTE / Curlz
    Airdyne

Just go in and have some fun...move around, get some blood flowing.

I feel pretty good...tired, but no issues to report. I slept a lot yesterday...

1/21/21

More De-Load fun and frivolities

Earlier in the day I sat down with my coach, and recapped the meet. We're both happy with the results, and realize that there was lot's more available.

With that realization in hand, we set a goal of preparing for Raw Natls in Daytona. Obviously we have to get lucky due to the limited field, and the fact that only the top three from the previous year are guaranteed places. I can't attempt to sign up until March...and then I'll have to have good fortune getting my request in as early as is allowable.

But we'll plan our training as if I'm going, and if it doesn't pan out, we'll find another meet to go to....but I'd hate to break a three year streak of competing at Raw Natls.

And I'm officially on record as planning on hitting a 400lbs Squat in a competition by the end of 2022...(it worked with the 500lbs Deadlift, let's see if I can pull this one off as well)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    1/16/21

Mustache Mayhem 2021 Recap

For those of you who are following:

9 for 9

Squat - 150kg
    Bench - 97.5kg
    Deadlift - 205kg

I'm calling them all PR's, considering what I've been through the past year plus. Based on prior performances, I'm within 10% of my maxes on Squat and Deadlift, and right on my Bench max.

For being knicked up, and beat down over the last eight weeks, I had a great day. My anticipated 3rd attempts were 5kg lower across the board, but I moved the openers so easily that my coach changed the 2nds and 3rds to reflect this new found "pop". I attribute the new found "pop" to the two Aleves I took upon waking this morning at 0 Dark Thirty...that and copious amounts of pre-workout.

Probably had 155 / 157.5kg in me on the Squat. The Bench flew (for me), and 100kg was there for the taking. Might have been able to pull 210kg. But for not touching anything close to these weights since a year ago October 2019, these are numbers that I can appreciate.
    congrats!!!