starting strength gym
Page 137 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1976

Thread: Chebass88 gets stronger day by day.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    About macro tracking: when I was tracking/counting/giving a fuck, I liked the My Macros app (iPhone) a bit better than MyFitnessPal. Because for me, I just cared about the macros, and not the micros or the total calories. As long as I hit my protein goal, the carbs and fat were gravy.

For MM, it's (pretty obviously, given the name) more macro-centric than MFP.

What ever became of a certain "Bootsy", or is he just the stuff of legends now?

Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post
    What ever became of a certain "Bootsy", or is he just the stuff of legends now?
    Ha! I still see him around work, but haven't seen him in the gym for a while. I've also been doing quite a bit at home too, so maybe he is in there, pestering someone else!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Check the logbook first!

Deadlifts: 245x5, 335x3, 425x1, 495x2, 545x2, 565x2, 495x2,3,5; PR - 2RM

Time: 50 minutes
    BW: 264.5 lb

Today was a pretty solid training session. I had originally intended on doing 18 total reps at 495, but threw that plan out when I walked in the gym. I went for what I thought was a new 2RM (545), but when checking the logbook, I'd done 545x2 back in July. So I added 20lbs and got it. I also got pretty lazy at the end - instead of doing a couple of sets, standing around with my teeth in my mouth, I cranked out a set of 5.

Today marks the fifth day of macro tracking. It is surprisingly difficult to get 300g protein in a single day with only 91g of fat. BUT... Difficult is not impossible, and really is only a question of my will to push through.

Nice work on the lifting and nutrition!

Nice work as always - congrats on the PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Today marks the fifth day of macro tracking. It is surprisingly difficult to get 300g protein in a single day with only 91g of fat. BUT... Difficult is not impossible, and really is only a question of my will to push through.
    Why do you need 300g? Seems pretty high... even for your BW. Depending on your protein sources, you should be able to cut that down to something more manageable. Since you seem to favor animal protein I would think you could do with less.

From Dr. GainzZz: 7 Rules to Optimize Protein Intake | Barbell Medicine

Thanks guys.

manveer - thanks for the article. The protein amount is from Feigenbaum's To be a Beast article, using the recomposition guidance (261lb * 1.15g/lb = 300.15g). I really don't have much of a clue about nutrition, as I've always followed the approach that my body will do fairly well at getting what it needs. A couple of balanced meals every day, with a protein source at every meal, with some fruits and vegetables works really well. Is 300g too much? Very likely, and it will probably decrease in a week or two. I think a couple of weeks at a given level prior to changes would be effective to let me learn what works.

Thanks guys.

manveer - thanks for the article. The protein amount is from Feigenbaum's To be a Beast article, using the recomposition guidance (261lb * 1.15g/lb = 300.15g). I really don't have much of a clue about nutrition, as I've always followed the approach that my body will do fairly well at getting what it needs. A couple of balanced meals every day, with a protein source at every meal, with some fruits and vegetables works really well. Is 300g too much? Very likely, and it will probably decrease in a week or two. I think a couple of weeks at a given level prior to changes would be effective to let me learn what works.
    I might guess a protein level that high would have value from a satiety standpoint even if it's overkill from a MPS standpoint. But I've met Jordan Feigenbaum, and I'm no Jordan Feigenbaum.

Fat free greek yogurt may be an option that you haven't tried yet.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate7out View Post
    Fat free greek yogurt may be an option that you haven't tried yet.
    Thanks! Ill give that a shot this coming week.