starting strength gym
Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: My quest to be a bad ass Mother

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Wednesday 6/18 - woke up with a shitty attitude, wore off for the most part by the end of the work day but not fully so I took my agression out on the sled.
    Sled Warm Up
    Pull/Push 100lb sled + 120lbs 8 rounds
    Strict Press
    45x10, 65x5, 95x3, 105x2, 115x3, 120x2 (failed the third) 115x3. Got some coaching on technique. My goal is to get 135 press by August 1st.
    More Sleds with One Arm Rows in between every 2nd set
    Pull/Push 8x
    Rows 5x5 80lbs
    Abs - 3 set stir the pot and side plank
    Eating a very large steak

6/19
    Run with dog, 1.8 miles
    Bench Press - 45x10, 65x5, 95x3, 135 5x4 2-3 minute rest
    Tire Flip 450lb tire 10x3 same rest between sets
    6/20
    Sleds 4 rounds high/low 90lbs
    Strict Press - 45x10, 65x5, 95x3, 105x2, 110 5x3, 117 3x2, 125x1
    Hills - 3x with my 8 year old son tonight.

Starting new program for the next 8 weeks on Monday. Hope to lean out a little and try to maintain most of my current weights.
    It will be a Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri program. Work 1 main lift per day 5x4 at about 75% and rest about 3 minutes between sets. Follow up with a circuit that will include some sort of conditioning with the Tire,Sleds,Farmer,Med Ball Explosive shit along with three supplemental things like Front squat/zurchers, SLD/deficits, Rows and Abs. It will be fast, sweaty and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    6/19
    Run with dog, 1.8 miles
    Bench Press - 45x10, 65x5, 95x3, 135 5x4 2-3 minute rest
    Tire Flip 450lb tire 10x3 same rest between sets
    6/20
    Sleds 4 rounds high/low 90lbs
    Strict Press - 45x10, 65x5, 95x3, 105x2, 110 5x3, 117 3x2, 125x1
    Hills - 3x with my 8 year old son tonight.

Starting new program for the next 8 weeks on Monday. Hope to lean out a little and try to maintain most of my current weights.
    It will be a Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri program. Work 1 main lift per day 5x4 at about 75% and rest about 3 minutes between sets. Follow up with a circuit that will include some sort of conditioning with the Tire,Sleds,Farmer,Med Ball Explosive shit along with three supplemental things like Front squat/zurchers, SLD/deficits, Rows and Abs. It will be fast, sweaty and fun!
    Running and hills?!

Why the decision to lean out some, if you don't mind me asking?

You must be close to that 135x1 press... Then again, 10lb is a lot for press, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Levon_Xidyn View Post
    Running and hills?!

Why the decision to lean out some, if you don't mind me asking?

You must be close to that 135x1 press... Then again, 10lb is a lot for press, isn't it?
    I know, I'm crazy. I like to go jogging with my dog. She's a big yellow lab and its kinda like our special time together. I used to do it almost daily before focusing on strength training. They're not long runs.
    Hills - I love to torture myself. They remind me of the days when I rowed and we would run monster hills after rowing. I like to push my heart rate.
    Leaning out because my thyroid is broken. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in March. Things were spiraling out of control and I went crazy. I wasn't sleeping because my cortisol was high due to my thyroid and and I put on about 15lbs. My body likes to build muscle and hold on to every ounce of fat when I'm training hard. I want to drop 10 lbs so I'm close to where I was last summer and before I start my next cycle of heavy training at the end of August.

I need to go check out what you've been up to

I know, I'm crazy. I like to go jogging with my dog. She's a big yellow lab and its kinda like our special time together. I used to do it almost daily before focusing on strength training. They're not long runs.
    Hills - I love to torture myself. They remind me of the days when I rowed and we would run monster hills after rowing. I like to push my heart rate.
    Leaning out because my thyroid is broken. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in March. Things were spiraling out of control and I went crazy. I wasn't sleeping because my cortisol was high due to my thyroid and and I put on about 15lbs. My body likes to build muscle and hold on to every ounce of fat when I'm training hard. I want to drop 10 lbs so I'm close to where I was last summer and before I start my next cycle of heavy training at the end of August.

I need to go check out what you've been up to
    Well, I have nothing against running... But it seemed strange for you same with leaning down. Albeit I haven't been around and looking through your log very long, so what do I know. that seems bad...umm, so will leaning down "fix" the hyperthyroidism?

I can sum up what I've been up to: bullshit. Luckily, I think its done for now.
    Last edited by Levon_Xidyn; 06-20-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levon_Xidyn View Post
    Well, I have nothing against running... But it seemed strange for you same with leaning down. Albeit I haven't been around and looking through your log very long, so what do I know. that seems bad...umm, so will leaning down "fix" the hyperthyroidism?

I can sum up what I've been up to: bullshit. Luckily, I think its done for now.
    Bullshit? You need to werk it out! What's getting in the way?

Leaning out unfortunately will NOT fix it. I will most likely be on a thyroid supplement for many years unless I find a natural solution. It's only been 3 months and I'm taking additional mineral and vitamin suppliments like Magnesium, Iodine, D and C along with my multi, Fish Oil and probiotic. Sucks Ass!
    I also had my Gaul bladder removed last year so that doesn't help things. I only have my liver to process toxins and fat so it's really important to eat/live healthy.
    I also want to lose a little weight because I imagine I'll put it back on when I'm training for my next meet.
    Sorry if that's TMI, you asked

Bullshit? You need to werk it out! What's getting in the way?

Leaning out unfortunately will NOT fix it. I will most likely be on a thyroid supplement for many years unless I find a natural solution. It's only been 3 months and I'm taking additional mineral and vitamin suppliments like Magnesium, Iodine, D and C along with my multi, Fish Oil and probiotic. Sucks Ass!
    I also had my Gaul bladder removed last year so that doesn't help things. I only have my liver to process toxins and fat so it's really important to eat/live healthy.
    I also want to lose a little weight because I imagine I'll put it back on when I'm training for my next meet.
    Sorry if that's TMI, you asked
    More so meant that progress isn't great right now and the squat and deadlift are being frustrating...but if taking a step back means more progress then I'll take it.

That's unfortunate
    Maybe it'll go away if you keep at it for awhile...
    uhh, sorry don't know what else to say. I don't know much about hyperthyroidism
    I'll bet you'll continue to dominate your training though!

P.S. Awesome work at the meet, you'll absolutely SMASH 1000 next time!
    Last edited by Levon_Xidyn; 06-21-2014 at 12:49 AM.

6/19

You'll crush this program like you crush the others! I used to run with our chocolate lab, but now with our Doberman it isn't really possible, as he tends to nip when the person he's with when he breaks into the run. At least, he's done that with the kids, anyway. The lab, though, used to like to run forever, even if it got to the point where he'd collapse. Our Dobie, by contrast, does a helluva job on repeat lie-downs--12x1 hour, an hour on the floor, on the chair, on his dog bed, and then through the circuit again, four times in a day. Then he sleeps at night. In between, he does other sort of dog stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    You'll crush this program like you crush the others! I used to run with our chocolate lab, but now with our Doberman it isn't really possible, as he tends to nip when the person he's with when he breaks into the run. At least, he's done that with the kids, anyway. The lab, though, used to like to run forever, even if it got to the point where he'd collapse. Our Dobie, by contrast, does a helluva job on repeat lie-downs--12x1 hour, an hour on the floor, on the chair, on his dog bed, and then through the circuit again, four times in a day. Then he sleeps at night. In between, he does other sort of dog stuff.
    LOL! That's funny stuff. Rosie (yellow lab) will play fetch until she collapses too. I've been feeling really guilty about not running her so I'm excited to be able to do it again. She gets so anxious and follows us around the house until she gets her run, then she's sated. Kinda like all of us, we don't feel normal until we put in our work.

starting strength coach development program
    Our lab once fetched sticks I was throwing into a lake for an hour and a half until on the last throw, he grabbed the stick and started sinking with it. I had to swim out and bring him in. After he puked up a ton of water, he wanted to go again.

Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast