• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    10/3

Did some grippers.

CoC #2 x15 parallel reps (right hand)
    CoC #2 x5 parallel reps (left hand)

10/5

I took an extra day's rest between workouts because I had blood drawn from my left arm 8 days ago and it was becoming very fatigued. I probably shouldn't have done curls the other day.

Sumo deadlift 325x5

Felt harder than the worksets before. Should still be able to progress fast on this, considering how easy 315x5 was. Today was just probably a slightly off day, or poor form.

Weighted pushups 45# x 8/10

Did these instead of bench today because I keep aggravating my mid back on the bench. Probably hyper extending it.

I've occasionally felt weird in the mid-back if I'm arching too hard without taking time to get used to it. I think if you want to arch more you just need to work your way up.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what the problem is. I wouldn't be surprised if it were related to the fact that my back is much stronger than my chest, and just tends to be very tight. I wasn't trying to get a crazy arch or anything. It felt like when I lifted the bar off, the weight pushed my back into a hyper extended position. But if I try to prevent that, I tend to lose tightness. I should probably get a spotter to give me a lift off.

10/9

Squat 275x5 (belt)

Now that I'm using a belt, I should be able to make plenty of progress before a stall. This wasn't that hard.

Press 120x3x5

I'm happy about this. New PR even though I was pretty tired today.

Speed deadlift 205x5

Barbell curl 95x8

Tonight:

Sumo deadlift 335x5

Felt hard. I must have overestimated my strength on these a bit. I thought I would cruise to about 365x5 easily. Tried out the belt on these. I'm not sure it was helping me that much and it felt very different from how it felt on squats. I might go beltless for 345x5.

Bench 170x4/3/3

I was going for 170x5. On the positive side, I moved a bit further back on the bench and was able to perform the lift without messing up my back like I had before.

BW chins x5
    Weighted chins 25x5

Did these fairly explosively.

10/14

Squat 285x3 intensity day.

Press 125x3x5 (PR)

Deadlift 245x5 light day

Barbell curl 95x8

Where do you hold the bar when you do bb curls? How close to your body? I still can't find a way to do bb curls without hurting my wrists.

I have a foot injury that might have flared up again, so I've been playing it really cautious, as that injury was with me for about a year and a half. I've just been doing a few upper body lifts the last few weeks. Luckily it's been feeling better the last few days. I was able to squat 135 without feeling problems in my foot.

Yesterday:

press 135x3

I probably could have hit at least one more rep, but my form wasn't the best. I was a little off balance on the lockouts in the first two reps and that really drained me.

barbell curl 95x8

squats 135x8

BW chins x2x8

starting strength coach development program
    Where is my update?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12