starting strength gym
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: I just keep on getting angrier, boys. . . M-T's log of Intermediate Bullshit.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God.
    . . .

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post
    I've never heard of a Press contest in which the bar is taken out of a high-rack position (arms locked-out) and the Lifter then proceeds to do an eccentric first, down to the front delts, pause, then push to the top. Similarly, I've never heard of a official Bench-press competition where the bar is resting on safeties, touching the Lifter's chest, and then he/she cold-presses that from a dead-stop to lockout.

TnG vs bottom-pause is one thing, but shouldn't the position where the movement starts in a 1RM-competition be where it should be started for mutli-reps? 'Bottom-start pin-bench-press/bottom-start pin-squats/top-start RDLs/push-presses' are examples of assistance exercises not done as the Competition Parent-Movement. I see top-start stretch-reflexed Press reps working along those same lines -- an assistance movement, although I'm sure a number of others have a differing opinions about this. I also think the whole "Press 2.0" technique is bullshit. . . and I know, again, that others will disagree with that as well.

Your log has expressed some frustration as you missed your 225 for a single; and how 220 is just as difficult how many months later?. . . but look at how high the weight was for your 5x5. -- Why so difficult to 1RM a weight not substantially higher? Only 1 rep out of each of those sets-of-5 gets the type of work you will need in your attempt at the 1RM (cold bottom Press). You even went back to a noticeably lower weight and tried bottom-pressing some multi-reps, did you not, and you concluded how difficult it was? That is your answer. Blog-post 11 was written somewhat as a gag to get you worked up, but there was some useful advice it was trying to convey to you as well. You're working hard for that 225 (and beyond) -- I would like to see you get it.

M-T
    I never saw this before this moment,

I understand now.

Thanks,
    Mike

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990