starting strength gym
Page 46 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpendicular to the Surface of the Earth

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ah the adductor soreness, comes with LBBS.
    Stick with the Hookgrip! It will pay off. Grab as much of your thumbs with as much of your first 2 fingers as you can. You will see the light.

Monday 27 July 2015 8-9 am

Squat LP 290 x 5 x 3

Bench vol 195 x 5 x 5 grindy towards the end

Dem neuromuscular junctions tho

Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    Saturday 25 July 2015 around noon, entirely too long according to the spouse
    So for you this was what, like 75 minutes?

Friday 31 July 2015 8:10-9:30am

Deadlift 335 x 5, hook x2 alt x3

Squat 295 x 5 x 3

Bench 225 x 2 PR two plates! Tried it again, x0 nope. Doesn't matter, two plates.

No energy at all, I hated every minute of lifting today.
    Last edited by ithryn; 07-31-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: am not pm

Couple of useless posts. First, 335 lbs is pretty easy to load:

Next, we went to eat the staple of the curlbro diet, Chipotle burritos. My kids had free coupons from the library for the summer reading program.

Here's a bro stealing my gainz. This guy always makes a scene when he lifts, grunting and yelling stuff like "heaveeeeey" when he's trying to pick up the garbage can or lug around a cat. However I gotta respect because I've seen him squat and it's definitely below parallel.

So like I said, I brought six kids to the 'potle during what is apparently their dinner rush. The line already went around the room before we got there; when we got up to the counter we sorta shut the place down for twenty minutes.

I think some people were not happy but Dad's gotta Dad: I filled everybody with meat rice and beans and was only out fifteen bucks.
    Last edited by ithryn; 07-31-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Sunday 2 August 2015 8-9:45 am

Wife has been remarking lately that I'm more of a uterus shape. It's a good thing. I think.

Long drawn-out internal debate this morning on whether to go to the gym or just sleep in. I had stayed up till 1 or 2 am and slept fitfully, just like every other night this week (we had a little staycation). I recently heard if you're debating about going to the gym, just put your workout clothes on, eventually you'll feel like going. Well, stumbling into the bathroom and swallowing a 200 mg caffeine pill kinda resolves the debate too.

Power cleans up to 140 but I keep failing my third rep, so doubles it was: 140 x 2 x 5, all hook grip, last few belted. Some girl comes across the empty gym to start empty bar squatting right in front of me, but went back to the ellipticals after I started bombing them, coooooincidence?

Press 140 x 5 x 5, locked out the last rep for what seemed like thirty seconds for fun, then a bonus round of 140 x 4 just because

Wait I still have to squat too? Ugh, really?

Squat 300 x 5 x 3. The first set was not too bad until I reviewed the tape and half of 'em were high. I have no butt proprioception anymore. The next two sets I dive bombed into the pavement and they about killed me. I still have to watch that knee slide, it's uncanny to watch: my knees go right to where they should be and my butt descends the rest of the way until the last two inches, which is where my knees tend to start moving again.

Some other garbage:

Chins 2 x 5

Dips 3 x 4 zomg I'm so stiff at these, probably none were to depth

Curls 85 x 5 x 3, 65 x 8 x 3, bar x 15 x 3. I could hardly reach up to get my earphones out afterwards. I've become a black swole.

fifth world problems: I don't know where this subreddit is coming from but it's kinda great.
    Last edited by ithryn; 08-02-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: honesty

Wednesday 5 August 2015 7-8:45am*

The bad: Went to bed after midnight.
    The good: Had a whey and oat shake after midnight, so I wasn't starving.

Squat 305 x 5 x 3 - Easier. If I'm careful about setup, the rep is doable. If I'm lazy about setup, which is always, then the rep is awful. Stupid brain.

Press 155 (PR) x 2 x 3.

Easy rep, easy rep, nope. Easy rep, easy rep, nope. Easy rep, easy rep, what's my name? That's right, Leslie effing Knope. That's okay, I was aiming for only 2 x 2, but they felt good I tried a third each time, and threw on another set.

My newest brainiac idea for messing up my programming: skipping the light workout for presses. I murmured something about this to Karl Schudt when I saw him and he said I could give it a try (Karl: 'Excuse me, what does he think I agreed to??') I feel like it's just a placeholder so you can recover for 72-96 hours, but at my level, do I need that much time? So I'd do press volume, press intensity, bench volume, bench intensity. Failing that I'd alternate it: press vol, bench vol, press int, bench int, to give more of a Texan space between workouts. I figure within a week I should have an idea if this is doable or if I should just DTFP.

An hour and 45 min. How on earth. I really need to set timers for my rest periods, especially when people are talking to me.

I've had to stop being social, throw the headphones on, and just get through the work. I reckon it cuts at least 15 minutes from my sessions just listening to music instead of chatting to people between sets. They might think you're a bit of a dick, though

starting strength coach development program
    I'm happy to be done with squats after an hour and 45 min.

Page 46 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast