• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yoked!

Who's that ugly dude with you? Hah.

Moment of zen:

Saturday 13 February 2016

Squat 320 x 5 x 3

Bench 185 x 5 x 3 - ligaments all feel kinda stretchy still, whatever, they're just shoulders

Power cleans 150 x 3 x 5 - satisfying

Wife sq 75, dl 115

If you're just tuning in, I'm still re(-re-re-)running LP on all lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by HandPlaneSteve View Post
    Yoked!

Who's that ugly dude with you? Hah.
    Your worst nightmare.

Sorry--that's just me.

St Valentine's Day 2016

Bonus day, wife actually suggested hitting the gym to try benching. Although when I said she could probably squat again today she was like "That's leg day two days in a row. That just doesn't sound right."

Bench fooling around at high reps at 155 to stretch the ligaments or something

Deadlift 340 x 5

Wife benched 50 and deadlifted 130 (!).. I can't decide if a woman deadlifting or benching is hotter. #inappropriate #objectification

Yesterday after working out I let her take a nap and then we went to a fancy Mexican place where actual Chicago Mexicans go. They answered the phone in Spanish when I called. Anyway we got a big pile of grilled meats and shrimp and grilled veggies which they bring out over a flame still grilling at your table. It smelled so good. That's how I treat my clients.

Last edited by ithryn; 02-15-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Tuesday 16 February 2016 7am

Kid was up puking last night.

Bodyweight 210.0 lbs on the dot, that surprised me

Half asleep squats 325 x 5 x 3

Half asleep presses 150 x5, x4, x4

No time for the fun stuff like power cleans.

Forgot this video has me piddling around a bit before starting. Also it's a bad angle but I'm just looking for a straight bar path. That's all you need in life, right.

Edited to add: LOOK DOWN
    Last edited by ithryn; 02-16-2016 at 05:14 PM.

oof my back is sore, probably from squirrelly squats this morning. Been pretty sore since power cleaning and deadlifting two days in a row but hey, that's life. Anyone watch the new X-Files?

Wednesday 17 February 2016 7pm

We're up to four out of the six kids barfing.

Squat 330 x 5 x 3 - waitaminute squatting two days in a row? Well, you do what you gotta do to impress a girl

Power cleans 155 x3, x3, x2, x2 - No biggie, just cleaning what the guy behind me is sweating to deadlift. I'll get the full set next time.
    135 hang cleans x5

Wife squatted 65, pressed 50, deadlifted the big boy plates.

So this bro has his girl there and is tutoring her in squatting for obv the first time. My wife is like "I don't even know what I'm doing and I want to tell her to bend over more, she's too upright so she's only going down like three inches." #swoon

Bro is of course like 6'4" 150lbs and squatting in knee wraps.

Nice log. Good to see someone who is similar to me in age and weight (I'm around 207lbs, want to get down to about 200 even). Good job with the squats. If you don't mind me asking, do you have issues with deadlifting (past injuries related to it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Nice log. Good to see someone who is similar to me in age and weight (I'm around 207lbs, want to get down to about 200 even). Good job with the squats. If you don't mind me asking, do you have issues with deadlifting (past injuries related to it)?
    Thanks! Gosh, just when I was feeling good about my deadlift.

No, no injuries. It's just really hard. I feel like my erectors and hamstrings are going to rip right off my sacrum. I've had a lot of history of 1. letting the bar roll before pulling and 2. doing a set of five one week and then the next week the weight won't even break off the floor. Which means it's probably half mental, otherwise I'd at least get it partly up. I know, it's supposed to be hard, but it's hard in a way that makes my 405 PR squat seem easy. Whatever, the train seems to be moving, as long as I don't think about any of this. I'm gonna pretend we never had this conversation.

I'll follow you, I like following dudes my age/ht/wt.

starting strength coach development program
    I tend to set the too far away from me when I lower it myself. Deads can be quite taxing, even when increasing them by a few pounds from the previous week. Hoping to get all my reps tonight.