starting strength gym
Page 95 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpendicular to the Surface of the Earth

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Come to me and Joe's side of the Lawn. Never had a problem here

Wednesday 14 Sept 2016

Deadlift 370 x 1, 350 x 1, 315 x 3. Something's off.

Bench 217.5 x5, x5, x4. That last rep I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    Hatters gonna hate
    But in all seriousness why did you have to download a sim game?
    Hatters are crazy. Mad, even.

And why? I still haven't figured that out. I should upload some screenshots. For instance, there's an orientation island I had to walk around. Walk up to the laptop! Click on it! Clicking on it minimized Second Life and opened up the college library in my browser.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    I think it's your suburb.
    I think I'm jinxed. But yeah, this is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by McCabesLifts View Post
    Come to me and Joe's side of the Lawn. Never had a problem here
    I literally think moving a house or two down would be enough to get off their radar. It's all by address.

Saturday 17 September 2016

Biweekly training, it's great!

Squat 330 x 5 x 3

Wife came with. It's always good having a babe in the rack with you, +10 alpha points.

I ended these huffing and puffing saying I hate squats. Her: "Everyone hates squats."

Press
    152.5 x 4 wut
    151 x 4 wut
    150 x 5
    extra credit: 135 x7, x6

I think next time I'll just try 151 again.

Deadlift 370 x 1, 350 x 1, each time I had a false start where it felt like I rolled the bar clear across the floor. My mind-muscle neural network just can't load the "squoze" template.

She did sets of five adding 5 lbs until it got heavy, so I think we ended with 85 lbs on the squat and uhhh....65 lbs on the bench? And deadlift 135 x 1:

Bar with 135 sitting there:
    "You want to deadlift?"
    "That? Maybe once."
    "Do you want to do less than that?"
    "Less than once? Sure."

I mean twice a week training. Semiweekly training? Not fortnightly training. Whatever.

Monday 19 Sept 2016

Bench 217.5 x5, x4, x1!, 205x1 - armz ded. Second time failing at 217.5.

Wife bench 60 x 5 x 3

Wife squat...she tried. Too sore. Looked painful. 85 might've been an ambitious weight to squat last time.

Me squat 335 x4, wow. Aaaand let's call it a light day: 225x8

So I restarted my diet today and tracked calories. Obviously that's the culprit here.
    Last edited by ithryn; 09-19-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post

So I restarted my diet today and tracked calories. Obviously that's the culprit here.
    The disrespectful vile little bastards always are...

Friday 23 Sept 2016

Prework workout:

Squat 330 x 5 x 3

Press 152.5 x 5, x 5, x 4. That last rep, seriously? I pressed it up forever, got over my head, but then it started listing to starboard and came back down. It's weird how the non-dominant arm can always push more.

I think that's two failed sessions each for the two presses. Hmm.

Friend told me that Jordan does 5x5 with just the empty bar to warm up. So I did three sets of just the bar, and tried to do them perfectly - I know that sounds silly, but I mean, just planting my feet right away instead of being sloppy and shuffling around, and perfect up and down. I think it helped. It woke me up at least.

Edit: Welp, guess I was supposed to do 335. That's what I get for not checking my log.

Monday 26 Sept 2016 (yesterday)

Lifting at 9pm, blargh. Nothing major here:

Squat 335 x 5 x 3 oof

Bench - listen, my elbows were hurting for some reason. Probably watching five minutes of the debates before leaving made me weak. 185 x7, x8, x5.

At home: Ab wheel x 8 x 3, I don't always log these but they're getting easier

I can't find my colossus of clout, I mean my sultan of swat, I mean my captain of crush

I swear I was going to deadlift this morning but I was up all night failing to breathe because of allergies. Yes, I am genetically defective.

Wed 28 Sept 2016

7am deadlifts. Did a warmup with a quick 5x5 bar squats and bar presses to get the blood flowing.

Deadlift 135, 185, 225, 275, 315, 335, workset: 355x5

My DOH grip is weak, it opens on 315 still. Hooked 355.

This whole workout took more than thirty minutes. I need to get a home setup.

Captains of crush trainer gripwork.

starting strength coach development program
    Thursday 29 Sept 2016

Carried a probably 3 sq ft box full of books to the car to donate to the library. That was pretty heavy. Functional strength and all that. Now I feel like I should visit the library booksale several times a week to buy back whatever good things I threw in there in a fit of downsizing.

Squat 340 x 5 x 3. I'm entering that point-of-no-return childbirth phase. You know, where the woman starts saying she can't do this and she really believes she can't physically do it. Usually means the baby's coming out within five minutes. Of course, that also means the labor is over and done, whereas here I still have to squat for the rest of my life.

Press 152.5 x5, x5, x4 - lame. That fourth rep took all I had. Fifth rep failed. 3x failing at this weight (I think at the last rep each time), makes me think my form gets off by the 14th rep and the slightest inefficiency is what blows it, but I think I'll lower the weight slightly and microplate up from there.

Chinups 3s x 4 sets

I started a paper log. I don't really know why, I guess because I mis-guess weights and I hate pulling out my phone and loading this log to check what I should be doing.

Page 95 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast