• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    Recovery Day (Bodyweight: 227 lbs)

Squats: 235x5x2
    Bench: 205x5x3 (paused reps)
    P.Cleans: 150x3x3

*Less tibial pain today when squatting, tried tightening the spinal erectors more and keeping chin down.
    *Benching on active recovery with paused reps (hoping these will translate into strength increases for intensity)
    *Powercleans are still new to me and I know I'm not doing them correctly still; I'll have to show the SS coaches my butchered form.
    That's not a bad PC for just learning. The thing that made them click for me was doing hang PC's from about knee level. Helped me learn to generate full hip extension with straight arms. Also make sure your grip width is correct--an inch or two wider per side than DL grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
    I bought these ones:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=36852

and it supporting a forum member.
    Awesome, that sounds perfect! I'm definitely going to PM him and get a price for S&H.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    That's insane in a good way. How long did that take?
    Some of it was in increments like when I went from 125-150 in the first month or so and then plateaued for maybe 3 months because I wasn't doing the program properly. Then I went from 150 lbs to 170 lbs in 3 more months. The largest jump was when I went from 170 lbs to 227 lbs presently in about 7 months.

So to answer your question (lol) it took a total of about 12-13 months to go from 125 lbs to 215 lbs and about 2 more months to get to 227 lbs. I grew my beard out too, now no one recognizes me haha.

P.S. thanks for the kind words about the Power Clean, I feel pretty humbled using such a light weight but I'm sure after the seminar my numbers will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post

So to answer your question (lol) it took a total of about 12-13 months to go from 125 lbs to 215 lbs and about 2 more months to get to 227 lbs. I grew my beard out too, now no one recognizes me haha.
    Wow. You must be buying new clothes once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Wow. You must be buying new clothes once a month.
    Lol, I've bought a few but unfortunately for the public I'm wearing some of the same clothes... I admit they're a little snug and I should probably get some more new stuff. I'm a husband and a father of a 9mth old so finding time to shop for myself is next to nothing.

Volume Day: (bodyweight: 227 lbs)

Squat: 290x5x4
    Bench: 220x5x4
    Rows: 220x5x2
    Chins: bw x7,5
    Standing Tri-Extensions (EZ bar): 110x6

*Used the Inzer belt for the last warm-up set of squats and the subsequent working sets. The belt felt great but I felt terrible... I really dread these volume days now!
    *Felt slight tendinitis again after 4th set of squats which was aggravated a little by the bench. Pain is gone now though!

*I did some body measurements the other day and realized that my forearms are now bigger than what my biceps measured previously before Starting Strength... blew my mind!

Active Recovery Day: 225 lbs

Squat: 240x5x2
    Press: 130x5x3
    P.Cleans: 155x3x3

*Intense tibial pain on second set of squats. Couldn't complete the 2nd set so I tried sitting in the bottom position with no weight and pushed my knees out with elbows to stretch the entire area... the pain went from an 8 down to a 2-3 after I did that and then I completed the set. Very weird and now I'm worried for Intensity this Saturday. I'll try icing it tonight and tomorrow but yikes that was awful! My leg felt weak and shaky during the second set before I stretched it.

Intensity Day

Squat: 320x5
    Bench: 240x5
    Deadlift: 375x1x2 plus 2 failed lockout attempts
    Dips: bw+90x4
    BB Curl: 125x5 + rest pause x2

* Regressed in deadlift due to incorrect set-up using a bar with fucked up knurling (hand and foot position off), the only reason I'm not pissed is because squats went very well with virtually no patellar tendon pain today and I PR'd in both the squat and Bench.
    Last edited by MattimusMaximus; 01-11-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Volume Day: 227 lbs

Squat: 295x5x3, 295x4
    Press: 140x5x4
    Rows: 225x5x2
    Chins: bw+25x5, bw+25x4
    Standing Tri-Extensions (EZ Bar): 115x5

*Had the strength for the last set of squats but on the 4th rep of the 4th set I felt like blood pressure dropped drastically, a fear of passing out flooded over me as my equilibrium felt off, and I felt like I'd vomit if I completed that last rep so I racked it... live to fight another day I suppose.
    *Very happy with the press, rows, and chins (+25 lbs for a guy my size isn't too bad I think).
    *Nothing easy about those EZ bar French Presses yikes!

starting strength coach development program
    Active Recovery Day: 226 lbs

Squat: 245x5x2
    Bench: 210x5x3 (paused reps)
    P.Cleans: 160x3x3

*Power clean catches today were ugly

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast