starting strength gym
Page 111 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1779

Thread: Dr Gainslove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the carb

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Maybe the weight you gained back is actually water weight? I can fluctuate 0.5-1 kg depending on what I've eaten, and I'm usually around 61.5 nowadays.
    My belt suggests otherwise...
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Further confirmation I am far from ideal...

I'm imagining myself with 45 cm thighs and 32 cm biceps. *shudder* My thighs have never been that small before, even before training. I hope that's the Golden Ratio for dudes and not ladies?? (The alternative is to imagine myself with 44 cm biceps... People might even think I lift at that point!)
    Fuck a bunch of golden ratio. Work for big legs and big arms and let the numbers do whatever. As you point out, the thought of trying to reduce the size of your legs to hit a ratio is cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Further confirmation I am far from ideal...
    Fuck ideal, I'm not convinced it exists (but if it does I'm far from it too).

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    I don't exactly have meaty thighs, but I'm at 1.8/1
    I'm at ~1.55. Too many more of these 8 rep squat sets and I might hit that ratio I don't give a shit about.

So we are clear, my thighs are 1.8 times the size of my biceps. Flexed bi/relaxed thigh. Am I doing this right?
    I guess so. I may have attempted to flex my thigh, but I don't think that makes much difference. I'm also going off of memory for my numbers, which is often error prone. Um yeah, actually I may have remembered my arms being an inch bigger than they actually are, so I might be more like 1.65. I'll have to actually measure, so I quit confusing myself.

So we are clear, my thighs are 1.8 times the size of my biceps. Flexed bi/relaxed thigh. Am I doing this right?
    I'm at 24.25 inch thighs (relaxed) and 12.5 inch bis (flexed), for a ratio of 1.94. I think I'm doing it wrong because my legs aren't twice the size of my arms.

Simon's log has just become the new thighs to bis v2 thread. If we can't have E&P, well... At least we can post dumb shit in our (or other people's) logs?

I'm at 24.25 inch thighs (relaxed) and 12.5 inch bis (flexed), for a ratio of 1.94. I think I'm doing it wrong because my legs aren't twice the size of my arms.

Simon's log has just become the new thighs to bis v2 thread. If we can't have E&P, well... At least we can post dumb shit in our (or other people's) logs?
    No, you're not doing it wrong, just give it a little more time. You're so close!

I thought the whole site was mainly to post dumb shit, with an occasional bit of lifting or other useful information (such as burgers, mmmm burgers).

Mine's going to become a weight loss/BB log immediately after SSFC. We can discuss calf hypertrophy.
    I thought calves had already been adequately covered by Dom. Wardrobe manipulation is your only option.

SSD has that. My wardrobe is mostly embarrassing, unless you have absolutely no shame.
    Mine consists mainly of:
    pants (mix of old jeans and random stuff from REI clearance like cords and not quite jean things with some stretch built in so I can actually move).
    cargo shorts
    t-shirts

It's a good thing my work is totally relaxed about what you wear in the office. My jeans and t-shirt wardrobe isn't too out of place, but if I wear a shirt with a collar people comment on how dressed up I am.

Simon's log has just become the new thighs to bis v2 thread.
    I couldn't be happier about this

I'm at 24.25 inch thighs (relaxed)
    What? I'm at 25 inch. I might have to Re measure. I'm becoming convinced I'm a 74kg lifter in a 120 kg body
    Mine's going to become a weight loss/BB log immediately after SSFC. We can discuss calf hypertrophy.
    Which cable curl is the ultimate?

Best Brand of atm blaster?

How big do my delta have to be before girls notice me?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinyNorman View Post

I thought calves had already been adequately covered by Dom. Wardrobe manipulation is your only option.
    Or be a fat adolescent. #bigcalfmasterrace

Quote Originally Posted by SpinyNorman View Post
    Mine consists mainly of:
    cargo shorts.

Default Dr Gainslove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the carb

What? I'm at 25 inch. I might have to Re measure. I'm becoming convinced I'm a 74kg lifter in a 120 kg body
    I have photographic evidence of my 24.25 inch thighs. In order to match my legs, the rest of my body has to get moar huge.

If you remeasure and my thighs are similarly comparably large, well... I just have massive legs that try to explode out of my shorts.
    Last edited by chromoly; 09-20-2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: pics or it didn't happen

I couldn't be happier about this
    be careful what you wish for.

I can't remember what I was last time - but I'm around 26.5/16 (discretely measured with the utmost accuracy at work just now using a headphone cord and a 30cm ruler) for a 1.65. Woo hoo. I reckon I could reduce it a bit if I did chins or curls more than once a month. Is that good or bad? My arm is just some triceps and a bone. My legs are in a similar fashion just adductors and a bone. Maybe blastenate the quadsicles more?

My approach to pants is cheap-ass (Big W, Target, whatever it takes) slim-fit stretch denim bought a size up. Fit ok. No parachute action, clown pants, or fruit basket strangulation effect. But requires a belt.

starting strength coach development program
    I have photographic evidence of my 24.25 inch thighs. In order to match my legs, the rest of my body has to get moar huge.
    If you remeasure and my thighs are similarly comparably large, well... I just have massive legs that try to explode out of my shorts.
    Just don't obliterate your infraclavicular fossa and you'll be fine. Everyone knows that's the line you just do not cross. I know I'm keeping a weather eye on mine.