starting strength gym
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Intensity day:

Squats: 5*145 kg

Bench press: 5*85 kg

Deadlifts: 5:150 kg (20 second hold on last rep. All reps with DOH)

Chins: 4 and 3 reps with +20 kg in a belt.

The squats were severely heavy and the deadlifts literally flew up. It was definitely a tempo PR on this weight!

Volume day:

Squats: 130 kg*5*5

OHP 1.0: 50 kg*5*5

SLDL: 70 kg*5*3

Weighted chins: +6 kg*5*5.

Today's workout was a good one! I felt strong and powerful throughout the whole workout, despite not having eaten anything all day but a JD Burger on TGIF around 7,5 hours before the workout began.

I bought a jar of MusclePharm Assault PWO that I mixed a scoop of together with a scoop of BCAA. I felt like superman.

The squats were tight and full of hip-drive. The OHPs full of groove and the chins were light.

Recovery day:

Squats: 105 kg*5*2

Bench press: 77,5 kg*5*3 (really managed to tuck those shoulders and tighten up the whole body, so it was tight and strong)

Power cleans: 55 kg*3*5 (I'm already starting to feel how I want to pull with my arms... I think I managed to control it pretty good today, but it doesn't look good for higher weights)

Some Captains of Crush, rolling thunder and ab wheel work while waiting for Anna to finish up.

Ran a 5K obstacle race with Anna. It went well enough. My conditioning needs some work, though. But climbing ropes, running around carrying heavy logs and 20 litre jerry cans, and wrestling the gladiators was a breeze, so my strength seems to be coming along just fine.

Tomorrow is the fourth intensity day!

Intensity day number 4:

Today's bw was 86,6 kg.

Squats: 5*147,5 kg

http://youtu.be/ixCeOj0cSQg

OHP 1.0: 5*55 kg

Deadlifts: 5*152,5 kg

http://youtu.be/mvukQMmaQmo

Chins: 5*+18,75 kg

The squats felt better today than last week and the deadlift felt about as light. I don't know if it's the SLDLs or what it is, but my deadlifts have never felt this easy on this weight before. So I hope to blast past this annoying plateau that I've been visiting this last year. The OHPs felt markedly heavier than last week.

I don't know if it's the work I did with the lacrosse ball, peanut roller and foam roller or the ice cold bath I took after the OCR yesterday, but I was full of energy and didn't feel tired at all today.

Volume day number 5:

Bw: 86,6 kg

Squats: 132,5 kg*5*5 (jesus christ this was messing up my lower back. The weight felt pretty fine weight-wise, but my lower back hasn't quite gotten used to the increased volume from doing 5*5 on VD as well as also squatting twice more during the week. But it's definitely working, since 135 kg*5 was almost impossible six months ago)

Bench press: 80 kg*5*3, 4, 3 (this was a disappointment. 77,5 kg was easy peasy last week, but my bench presses are so weird. 2,5 kg can feel like 25 kg)

SLDL: 75 kg*5*3 (still easy)

Chins: +7 kg*5*5.

This was a tough workout. I really struggled with all the weights, but managed to get most of them. It was a good mental workout that way!
    Last edited by Bergstedt; 06-30-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Late logging of recovery day number 5:

Squats: 105 kg*5*2

OHP: 45 kg*5*3

Power cleans: 57,5 kg*3*4.

The power cleans felt grindy. I had a hard time getting under the bar fast enough.

I also think I have to widen my grip on squats. I've started using a pretty narrow grip, since I feel tighter and stronger that way. But my elbows have been aching all weekend, which is something new to me. They're fine when I don't do anything, but just pushing my nieces on the swing or playing around in the water makes them ache for an hour or two.

Does anyone have any insight as how to proceed in order for them to quiet down ASAP and without further complications?

Intensity day number 5:

Squats: 5*150 kg (strong and tight. Also no aching elbows when using a wider grip)

Bench press: 5*87,5 kg

Deadlift: 5*155 kg (yes yes YES! This was my fifth try on this weight, and it felt strong and tight throughout the whole set. Such a great feeling locking out the fifth rep. &#128170

Chins: +20 kg*5

Overall a good and powerful session. It was really hot and humid so I was sweating buckets, but I didn't feel too affected by the heat.
    Last edited by Bergstedt; 07-06-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Volume day number 6:

Squats: 135 kg*5*5

OHP: 51 kg*5*5 (these were super heavy today, even though 50 kg was a breeze last pressing volume day)

SLDL: 80 kg*5*3 (still pretty easy)

Chins: +8 kg*5*5 (pretty easy despite being fatigued from the other exercises).

I'm fascinated with how much stronger I've become since starting TM six weeks ago. I never would've thought that I would be able to squat 150 kg for a set of five or 135 kg for five sets of five. I'm impressed. 💪👍

starting strength coach development program
    Recovery day number 6:

Squats: 108 kg*5*2

Bench press: 72 kg*5*3

Power cleans: 60 kg*3*5 (felt better and more explosive today).

Rolling thunder: 3*10 seconds with 60 kg

Ab wheel: 2*3.

Overall a good session today. I also got a new job yesterday, so as of September 1st I'll be working as a lawyer at a law firm speciliazing in corporate and insurance law. Good times!

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast