• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    I'll ask the club for more info!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Thanks!
    I just talked to the guys at the club, and they told me that it's the district championship for Östra Svealands Styrkelyftsförbund (Stockholm, etc.). Date and place isn't official yet, but it should be sometime during the first half of November. You need a competition licence in order to be compete.

You can visit Svenska Styrkelyftförbundet for more information (when it becomes available).

Since my club requires all its members to have competed in at least one of three division competitions (serietävlingar) for it to pay for the competition licence, I will wait until next year's division competitions to start again. So I won't compete I November, but will do it next year.

I'll probably come and watch in November, though.

Do you compete?

I just talked to the guys at the club, and they told me that it's the district championship for Östra Svealands Styrkelyftsförbund (Stockholm, etc.). Date and place isn't official yet, but it should be sometime during the first half of November. You need a competition licence in order to be compete.

You can visit Svenska Styrkelyftförbundet for more information (when it becomes available).

Since my club requires all its members to have competed in at least one of three division competitions (serietävlingar) for it to pay for the competition licence, I will wait until next year's division competitions to start again. So I won't compete I November, but will do it next year.

I'll probably come and watch in November, though.

Do you compete?
    Thanks, I will go and just watch. I want to to be stronger before I compete. Im just a beginner, my squat is with a device (because of shoulder problem) so I have to learn to squat without it, maybe high bar squat, dont think I can manage that for a couple of years, my deadlift and bench is in the beginner early intermediate, Im an old geezer. But Im working on it.

Thanks, I will go and just watch. I want to to be stronger before I compete. Im just a beginner, my squat is with a device (because of shoulder problem) so I have to learn to squat without it, maybe high bar squat, dont think I can manage that for a couple of years, my deadlift and bench is in the beginner early intermediate, Im an old geezer. But Im working on it.
    I'll always feel like a beginner! But I get your point. Good for you for having a goal to compete! And hopefully I'll see you there.

This is the last of the five singles at 162,5 kg from last ID:

http://youtu.be/fN7TwbEi8yE

I'm not too happy with the technique. I break the knees way too late, sit back too early and relax a bit in the hole. But both the strength and depth felt good.

This is the last of the five singles at 162,5 kg from last ID:

http://youtu.be/fN7TwbEi8yE

I'm not too happy with the technique. I break the knees way too late, sit back too early and relax a bit in the hole. But both the strength and depth felt good.
    I think your analys is ok, looks like the bar is a little bit to far back over the heel. If you try to break the knee first, maybe? you could post the video on the coach or technic blogg to get some more professional respons!

I'll always feel like a beginner! But I get your point. Good for you for having a goal to compete! And hopefully I'll see you there.
    Yes, lets do that, see you there.

I think your analys is ok, looks like the bar is a little bit to far back over the heel. If you try to break the knee first, maybe? you could post the video on the coach or technic blogg to get some more professional respons!
    I'll try that next time. Thank you for your help!

Today was volume day number 11. I chose to take it easy today since I felt beat up and tired in general. Oh, and I apparently have borrelia, so I'll have to eat penicillin for the next 10 days. This also explains my back pain and the sciatica issues I've had.

Squats: 130 kg*5*5 (beltless)

Bench press: 82,5 kg*5*5

SLDL: 110 kg*5*3 (first workout where these were heavy)

Chins: +11 kg*5*4, 4

Ab wheel: 2*5.
    Last edited by Bergstedt; 08-11-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

starting strength coach development program
    Recovery day number 11:

Squats: 105 kg*5*2

OHP: 45 kg*5*3 as well as 60 kg*3*3 where I only pressed the weight from the chest to the forehead, to practice the start. I did these without a rebound, trying to be as strict as possible

Power cleans: 60 kg*3*5 (these felt great! I took it slow up to the knees, and then accelerated the weight as fast as possible across the thighs and then jumped as hard as I could. The jump was hard, elbows fast and I managed to rack most of the reps on the shoulders, so I'm very happy with these)

Ab wheel: 3*4 (deeper and deeper).

I'm not eating nearly as much now as I have been during the summer. I'm trying to cut some weight since I'll have to wear suits for work, starting September 1st. I'm aiming for 2000-2500 kcal per day, with at least 200 grams of protein and 20-25 grams of fat coming from fat fish like salmon or sardines. I haven't dropped any significant weight (0,5 kg in a couple of weeks), but my waist has shrunk a couple of cm, which is good.

I'm also running a 10k race on Saturday night, so I don't know if the next ID will be Sunday (will probably be sore from the race) or Tuesday. I hope Sunday, but probably not.

Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast