Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

Default The Bridge - W8S2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Squats: 170 kg*1 @7,5,

Bench press: 107,5 kg*1 @8,5,

Deadlifts: 170 kg*1 @8

I will most probably open with 170/105/170, which feels like safe, no-nonsense weights to start with. If everything feels good the plan will look similar to this:

Squats: 170, 180, 185/190 kg

Bench press: 105, 110, 112,5/115 kg

Deadlifts: 170, 180 185/190 kg

Now I have two days of rest and preparation before competing on Sunday. Weigh-ins are at 8am and I start lifting at 10am. I am also judging two flights tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

Talking Powerlifting Regionals 2017

All members of my powerlifting club who were competing this last weekend, as well as three supporters who came along to help with coaching/handling, traveled to Katrineholm, where this year's Regionals was hosted, on Friday night. Weigh-ins for our first lifters were Saturday morning. I judged the first three groups lifting Saturday morning and I competed myself Sunday morning.

My Friday morning weight was 88,0 kg, so I had plenty of room up to 93 kg. I focused all weekend of getting enough food between coaching, handling, judging, cheering and in general having a great f*cking time. Our club was definitely the loudest, most supportive and most tightly knit club of all the clubs there, which made me as president incredibly proud.

Sunday - time for my meet:
    I got a full night's sleep and headed up at 6am to get a solid breakfast before weigh-ins. I had two pizzas for dinner Saturday night, so I was still quite full, but managed to eat quite a solid meal anyway. I weighed in at 90,6 kg and started preparing for the meet.

I have been very stiff and quite sore in the lower back for a week or two, but managed to keep it quite under control these last couple of days. The body felt good and strong during squat warm-ups, and I started to become hopeful that it was going to be a good and fun meet. We were 36 lifters in the -93 kg class, which made for a pretty long meet with 3 flights taking turns. I therefore had more than an hour between squats, bench and deadlifts, even if the time between each lift when actually lifting was quite short. I still managed to time nutrition and to stay on top of my game quite well, which in and of itself was a challenge to do during 4,5 hours. I have nothing to say about the hosting club, though, because they made sure that the meet ran as smoothly as it possibly could have!

Squats: 170 kg @8, 180 kg @9, 190 kg @9,95. I maybe (!) had 2,5 kg more in me, but it was quite a grinder and also border-line shallow, even if I managed to go 9/9 on my squats.

Final attempt:

Bench press: 105 kg @8,5, 110 kg @9,75, 112,5 kg @10. I had a hard time feeling comfortable on the competition bench, so all attempts felt harder that I think that they should have. I felt stronger and more stable during warm-ups. I came a bit off path on the last bench, so when pressing I came out of balance and accidentally lowered the bar a little bit to regain control, which I knew meant for three red lights. I then also lifted my ass to get the bar moving again, which also means three red lights. I really wanted the weight, though, so I finished it and can at least count 112,5 kg for a new "gym-bro PR". This was my only failed attempt and red lights.

Final attempt:

Deadlifts: 170 kg @7,5, 180 kg @9, 190 kg @10. I finished my meet with what is starting to look like my signature move: a slow-ass deadlift. I felt already from the start that I had it if I just could keep up the tightness and keep on pulling without fatiguing, and I started to feel how my vision got narrower and blurry towards the lock-out, but I managed to stay with it and lock in a very nice 190 kg for my last attempt, which I could only hope for a week ago.

Final attempt:

Total: 490 kg/311,79 Wilks. My total PR is 500 kg, from last year's Regionals, and given how bad 2017 has been training-wise, I couldn't be happier about this! My number 1 priority was lifting without back pain and to have fun, and I really managed to do both!

Great work, Levi!

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Great work, Levi!
    Thanks, Jan!

Default Hypertrophy C1W1S1

Squats: 130 kg*8 @7, 115 kg*8*2 @7 (I had a hard time gauging RPE properly, since it felt horrible but moved fast. I guess I had at least 3 more in me, even if I felt like dying.)

CGBP: 50 kg*10*3, 45 kg*10, 40 kg*10 (60 sec rest between sets.)

Long DL: 120 kg*7*2 T'n'G (Standing on a box.)

Default Hypertrophy C1W1S2

Bench press: 77,5 kg*8, 8, 8, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3 (70% 1RM for a total of 50 reps with maximum 2 minutes rest between sets. No fails, but @10 on last 3 sets.)

Belt squats: 75 kg*12*3 (2 minutes rest. These felt really good. I could push hard on the legs without any fatigue on the back.)

SGRDL: 80 kg*8*3 (60 sec rest. Focus on super tight in the lats and lower back, to really work the wings and hamstrings.)

Dips: total 40 reps in 6 minutes (Stopped because of sore feeling in right elbow.)

Lateral raises: 9 kg*12*4 (30 sec rest.)

Rubber band face pulls: Black band*10*4 (30 sec rest.)

Total time: 1h15m

Default Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

Deadlifts (T'n'G): 130 kg*10*4 (~68% of current 1RM. They felt good. I definitely had more in me, but continue to take this first week a little bit easy to titrate both volume and intensity up the coming weeks.)

OHP: 40 kg*10, 10, 6+2+2

Incline DB press: 16 kg*12*4

Chins: total 50 reps

Hanging leg raises: 5*10

Rows: 75 kg*6*6

Tricep push-downs: 30 kg*12*2, 25 kg*12

EZ bar bicep curls: 25 kg*8*3

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    All members of my powerlifting club who were competing this last weekend, as well as three supporters who came along to help with coaching/handling, traveled to Katrineholm, where this year's Regionals was hosted, on Friday night. Weigh-ins for our first lifters were Saturday morning. I judged the first three groups lifting Saturday morning and I competed myself Sunday morning.

My Friday morning weight was 88,0 kg, so I had plenty of room up to 93 kg. I focused all weekend of getting enough food between coaching, handling, judging, cheering and in general having a great f*cking time. Our club was definitely the loudest, most supportive and most tightly knit club of all the clubs there, which made me as president incredibly proud.

Sunday - time for my meet:
    I got a full night's sleep and headed up at 6am to get a solid breakfast before weigh-ins. I had two pizzas for dinner Saturday night, so I was still quite full, but managed to eat quite a solid meal anyway. I weighed in at 90,6 kg and started preparing for the meet.

I have been very stiff and quite sore in the lower back for a week or two, but managed to keep it quite under control these last couple of days. The body felt good and strong during squat warm-ups, and I started to become hopeful that it was going to be a good and fun meet. We were 36 lifters in the -93 kg class, which made for a pretty long meet with 3 flights taking turns. I therefore had more than an hour between squats, bench and deadlifts, even if the time between each lift when actually lifting was quite short. I still managed to time nutrition and to stay on top of my game quite well, which in and of itself was a challenge to do during 4,5 hours. I have nothing to say about the hosting club, though, because they made sure that the meet ran as smoothly as it possibly could have!

Squats: 170 kg @8, 180 kg @9, 190 kg @9,95. I maybe (!) had 2,5 kg more in me, but it was quite a grinder and also border-line shallow, even if I managed to go 9/9 on my squats.

Final attempt:

Bench press: 105 kg @8,5, 110 kg @9,75, 112,5 kg @10. I had a hard time feeling comfortable on the competition bench, so all attempts felt harder that I think that they should have. I felt stronger and more stable during warm-ups. I came a bit off path on the last bench, so when pressing I came out of balance and accidentally lowered the bar a little bit to regain control, which I knew meant for three red lights. I then also lifted my ass to get the bar moving again, which also means three red lights. I really wanted the weight, though, so I finished it and can at least count 112,5 kg for a new "gym-bro PR". This was my only failed attempt and red lights.

Final attempt:

Deadlifts: 170 kg @7,5, 180 kg @9, 190 kg @10. I finished my meet with what is starting to look like my signature move: a slow-ass deadlift. I felt already from the start that I had it if I just could keep up the tightness and keep on pulling without fatiguing, and I started to feel how my vision got narrower and blurry towards the lock-out, but I managed to stay with it and lock in a very nice 190 kg for my last attempt, which I could only hope for a week ago.

Final attempt:

Total: 490 kg/311,79 Wilks. My total PR is 500 kg, from last year's Regionals, and given how bad 2017 has been training-wise, I couldn't be happier about this! My number 1 priority was lifting without back pain and to have fun, and I really managed to do both!
    I liked that deadlift, slow as hell and you never gave up, just kept on dragging it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    I liked that deadlift, slow as hell and you never gave up, just kept on dragging it up.
    Thank you, Lasse! It was one of the nicest feeling deadlifts I've done. It was so well-tuned to my current true 1RM that I don't think that I would have made it if there was even one more kg on the bar. Great feeling!

Default Hypertrophy C1W2S1

starting strength coach development program
    Squats: 120 kg*8*5 (@8 on the fourth set. Lower back was fried since deadlifts the day before, but it still went pretty good. I rested 2-3 minutes between the first 4 sets and then had to fix some stuff before the last set, so I got 10 minutes rest between set 4 and 5.)

CGBP: 40 kg*10*3, 50 kg*8*2, 40 kg*10

Reversed hypers: 5*10

Suitcase holds: 54 kg*30 sec*3

Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast