bean counter's Barbell Medicine Log bean counter's Barbell Medicine Log - Page 19

starting strength gym
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 793

Thread: bean counter's Barbell Medicine Log

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    • wichita falls texas june seminar date
    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    Thursday 11 February
    Cycle 2
    Week 4, Day 3

    Bodyweight: 95.7 kg

    Deadlift
    ℞ 1 @ 8, 1 @ 9, 4 @ 9, 4-6% fatigue
    Belt
    160 kg: 1 X 4 @ 7
    182.5 kg: 1 X 1 @ 8
    190 kg: 1 X 1 @ 9
    170 kg: 1 X 4 @ 9
    162.5 kg: 1 X 4 @ 8.5 [4% drop]
    Totals: 14 reps, 2,345 kg

    Lower back and hips were aching during warm ups, but I took things slowly and and all the heavy work moved OK. By the programming I should have taken another down set, but after irritating my back yesterday and with my still reasonably high overall levels of fatigue I didn't push things.

    Close-Grip Floor Press
    ℞ 6 @ 7, 6 @ 8, 6 @ 9, 6-9% fatigue

    Elbow hurt at both 20 kg and 50 kg so I aborted in favour of...

    Floor Press
    Wrist wraps
    85 kg: 1 X 6 @ 6.5
    90 kg: 1 X 6 @ 7.5
    92.5 kg: 1 X 6 @ 8.5
    93.75 kg: 1 X 6 @ 9
    87.5 kg: 2 X 6 @ 8, 8.5 [7% drop]
    Totals: 36 reps, 3,220 kg

    All fine, but my elbow did get progressively more sore, which is a bit of a worry. Voodoo band, then ice & ibuprofen after the session.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    Do you have tennis elbow, golfers elbow and just soft tissue soreness

    I started to wear elbow sleeves by Mark Green. I got away from them and my elbows starts to get sore. I started wearing them again. Also, at the end of my workout, I take a Lacrosse ball, out it on a bench and press my tricep into the ball and roll all the way down to the elbow. Talk about sore. holy shit.
    Last edited by lou t; 02-11-2016 at 07:18 AM.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    Do you have tennis elbow, golfers elbow and just soft tissue soreness

    I started to wear elbow sleeves by Mark Green. I got away from them and my elbows starts to get sore. I started wearing them again. Also, at the end of my workout, I take a Lacrosse ball, out it on a bench and press my tricep into the ball and roll all the way down to the elbow. Talk about sore. holy shit.

    At various times I've had both tennis elbow and golfers' elbow in both my left and right arms. The most persistent and problematic issue is golfers' elbow on the left side. I definitely have that at the moment and it's also going into the forearm a bit as well.

    I have SBD elbow sleeves which I almost always wear for squats, and sometimes wear for bench (not today). They do help, but since they're not competition legal I try not to wear them 100% of the time. More massage is a good idea.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    At various times I've had both tennis elbow and golfers' elbow in both my left and right arms. The most persistent and problematic issue is golfers' elbow on the left side. I definitely have that at the moment and it's also going into the forearm a bit as well.

    I have SBD elbow sleeves which I almost always wear for squats, and sometimes wear for bench (not today). They do help, but since they're not competition legal I try not to wear them 100% of the time. More massage is a good idea.
    theraband flexbar works

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    theraband flexbar works
    I have one (green). I used it every day for a month last summer and it didn't seem to help much. Which colour do you have?

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Saturday 13 February
    Cycle 2
    Week 4, Day 4

    Bodyweight: ~96 kg

    Training at a PL club rather than my usual gym for a change.

    TnG Bench
    ℞ 1 @ 8, 3 @ 9, 6-9% fatigue
    Wrist wraps
    100 kg: 1 X 3 @ 7
    112.5 kg: 1 X 1 @ 7
    107.5 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8 [PR]
    105 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8
    100 kg: 4 X 3 @ 7, 7, 7.5, 8 [-7%]
    Totals: 22 reps, 2,035 kg

    Everything was surprisingly easy. I'm sure it wasn't an issue with the plates and bar since it was all nice Eleiko stuff . Having a bench with a decent width probably helped me quite a bit. Elbow sore again, as is my biceps.

    2ct Squat
    ℞ 1 @ 8, 3 @ 9, 6-9% fatigue
    SBD sleeves, wrist wraps
    120 kg: 1 X 3 @ 7
    130 kg: 1 X 1 @ 7
    130 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8.5
    120 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8 [-8%]
    Totals: 10 reps, 1,240 kg

    Lower-right back felt tight and knotted from where I tweaked it on Wednesday. Didn't do much volume here, but what I did felt solid. Having not done this movment for a while the top single and reps ended up being the heaviest I've ever pause squatted.

    2ct Deadlift
    ℞ 1 @ 8, 3 @ 9, 6-9% fatigue
    Straps
    100 kg: 1 X 3 @ 7
    120 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8
    140 kg: 1 X 1 @ 8.5
    125 kg: 1 X 3 @ 8.5
    115 kg: 2 X 3 @ 7.5, 8
    Totals: 16 reps, 1,865 kg

    I haven't done this in a long time. 140 kg is the heaviest I've done for a pause DL, but the rep work wasn't a PR. My back was really tired by this point and was especially uncomfortable when trying to unload the bar.

    Week 4 Summary

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    I have one (green). I used it every day for a month last summer and it didn't seem to help much. Which colour do you have?
    green. Its difficult to quantify if any single thing contributed more than another since I was throwing everything at the tendonitis. When I was doing PT, they had me using the band, so I bought it.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    congrat's on the bench pr

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    congrat's on the bench pr
    Thanks Lou. I think I have biceps tendonitis now as well as golfers' elbow.

    Sunday 14 February
    GPP

    Bodyweight: 95.8 kg

    Cross Trainer
    25 minutes @ 120-130 bpm

    L Sits [8 minutes]
    9 X 10s = 1:30

    Ring Rows [8 minutes]
    60

    Arms [5 minutes]
    DB Hammer Curl 10 kg: 5 X 10

    Mobility [12 minutes]

    Edit - Nutrition Summary
    Last edited by bean counter; 02-14-2016 at 01:12 PM.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    Thanks Lou. I think I have biceps tendonitis now as well as golfers' elbow.
    crap man. sorry to hear. I hope you can find a way around all this. I know how frustrating this is for you.

Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •