starting strength gym
Page 16 of 167 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Still trying to lift more at the shore

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    190.6 - sneaking in some extra carbs/cals so I don't expect to go any lower than this

Press
    105x3x5
    Would have been 5x5 but I'm titrating volume down to make sure I'm fresh for next week. Couldn't quite get form all the way dialed in but there were no real grinders.

Bench
    +5 150x3x5

Chins
    3x8
    PRs! Finally some progress...I may try to run a weighted chin LP

189.2 - PR low, wtf?

Squat
    +5 195x3x5
    Beltless, short rest, easy, etc. Gonna keep rolling beltless til it gets hard and then use the belt as a turbo booster.

SGDL
    +2.5 135, 185, 220x5
    Easy...probs my last time doing these for a while.

Airdyne
    7 x 20:140

Woke up, 16 oz Gatorade,

Press
    +1.5 106.5x5, 4, 4
    would blame it on the no food, but it hasn't bothered me in the past. Frustrating that 115 just about went up for 5 recently, wasn't expecting this to be all that challenging. Barely got attempts at 10th and 15th past mouth. Guess I'll need a small deload to get some running room for LP. Maybe novice programming just won't work for the presses even with better recovery conditions. We shall find out.

Bench
    +5 155x3x5
    Not challenging.

Is training on an almost empty stomach a fat loss goal? I have better strength when I train after my second meal of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Is training on an almost empty stomach a fat loss goal? I have better strength when I train after my second meal of the day.

Nope. Strictly a time restraint thing due to working late on fri/sat and then sleeping in a little bit. It really hasn't effected my sessions otherwise I would make sure to have a quick something. But on weekdays, I'm up early with my son and make a full breakfast and have time to digest it before he naps and I lift.

Squat
    +5 200x3x5
    In a rush and didn't warm up quite enough so first set was the toughest with slowed bar speed but last two sets were fast and easy. Beltless.

Deadlift
    275x5
    Right hand sup. Pretty easy.

Chins
    3x8
    Wanted to make sure 8 reps wasn't a fluke before I went on to a weighted chin LP.

Last session before LP 4.0 or 5.0 or whatever attempt this will be. I'm hoping this will be the most successful attempt, being armed with the most knowledge and having recovery resources mostly in place. No set number goals obviously, but I'm definitely hoping to PR every lift. My last 2 nights of very short sleep are this mon/tues so I'm going to start the LP on Weds. I'm thinking the setup up will be:

M/W/F lift
    Tu/Sa Airdyne intervals

Right now I'm thinking I'll run the LP til stuff starts stalling and given my training history I probably won't hesitate too long to move to a HLM setup. Really, really hoping for a good run though. I don't mind gaining 25+ lbs if I keep getting stronger.

190.6 - bought like 10 sweet potatoes last night to really start carbing back up

Airdyne
    7 X 20:140
    Death.

Squat 205, bench 160, deadlift 285 on Weds. to kick off LP.

LP MWF? 5-10 pound progression each workout? Just curious as I believe you're younger than me (53) and may not have to start your LP with older people tweaks right from the start.

starting strength coach development program
    3 days lifting as per SS, plus 2 days HIIT which I'm already adapted to. I'm not starting a typical novice progression from scratch, having been lifting consistently for a year now. I'm just trying a small reset and run at it with better recovery conditions. We shall see what happens.

AMBW = 189.6 ?????? Body doesn't know what to do with carbs anymore??

Squat
    +5 205x3x5
    Easy, beltless, short rests. Could definitely get away with some 10 lb jumps, but I don't want to aggravate whatever groin issue I have going on. I still feel it a little during warmups which is annoying. 15 lbs/wk will still put me in PR territory in under a month, and gives me a chance to get used to eating again.

Bench
    +5 160x3x5
    Pretty easy.

Deadlift
    +10 285x5
    Not that hard. Will probably go +10 on Monday (will alt pull/chin every other for now) provided sleep and food is solid.

Today may be the last day I had to force myself out of bed completely exhausted...carbs and sleep let's go!!!