starting strength gym
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The erotic adventures of H.P. Lovecraft

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn of being able to do 2x200
    Bwahahahaha. Ia! Ia!

Damn nice work, Shane.

Nice squat double. You're probably good for a single at 2xBW, which is probably a record for a vegetarian.
    Well, he eats kittens and sacrifices babies in ancient Majan rituals, so technically he isn't a vegetarian - but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    vegetarian but all of my best friends are cow eating bitchfaces so don't expect preachy.

On an unnamed Pacific Island (Kosrae, maybe?) the younger and vegetarianer me once ordered 'Buddha's Vegetarian Delight' at a Chinese restaurant. After inquiring about the wobbling, fatty hunks of pork in the dish when it arrived, I was told, "Well, yeah. It wouldn't taste good without the pork."
    I'm curious. What does your diet look like? Are you supplementing, or do you get everything you need from the beer and the cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by peez View Post
    Damn nice work, Shane.
    Well, he eats kittens and sacrifices babies in ancient Majan rituals, so technically he isn't a vegetarian - but close enough.
    Tee hee - thanks Peez! Although technically it's eats babies and worships kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    On an unnamed Pacific Island (Kosrae, maybe?) the younger and vegetarianer me once ordered 'Buddha's Vegetarian Delight' at a Chinese restaurant. After inquiring about the wobbling, fatty hunks of pork in the dish when it arrived, I was told, "Well, yeah. It wouldn't taste good without the pork."
    I'm curious. What does your diet look like? Are you supplementing, or do you get everything you need from the beer and the cheese?
    Haha. Nice. I've had my fair share of "veggie" dishes with fish/beef stock, bacon, mince, pork, shrimp et.al. in them. Some of them were at vegetarian restaurants (I'm looking at you, Govinda's in Bolivia). I've switched from asking "is it vegetarian" which is apparently wildly confusing to "is there any meat of any kind in it, including fish and shrimp?".

Beer and cheese is a pretty complete diet, but I do supplement with eggs, beans, lentils, tofu, vegetables, oats, milk, noodles, rice, bread, peanut butter, some 'not' products (not bacon, not sausage, not burgers), quorn, nuts, fruit, vodka, coffee, chocolate, ice cream & whey. It's pretty much the same as my pre-lifting diet but with more eggs, whey & a litre or 2 of skim milk a day thrown in for them protes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Beer and cheese is a pretty complete diet
    this

Good dieting Aussie buddy. And congrats on the big two zero zero squats!

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Good dieting Aussie buddy. And congrats on the big two zero zero squats!
    Thanks Boyo! (I'm presuming you fellas say that about as often as we say "cobber").

15/07/2016

Bench KUA Cycle 4/Week 3

Session Rating: "Embrace the Taste of Pyrrhic Victory!"

Bench: 20x10x2, [60,80]x5, 100x3, 120x1x2, 135x1 (PR +5kg), 122.5x[4,4,3,3]
    Press: 40x10, 60x3, 67.5x[8,7,7]
    Arnold curls*/Facepulls superset: 16/15 x [12/15,12/15,8/15]
    *one-arm dumbbell concentration curls seated with upper arm resting on inner thigh.

So the good news - bench PR. I was prepping for a new cycle & associated immense laziness then realised I was due for week 3 of the current cycle, so I had to get all nervicited and PR like a fucking disco bandit.

But failed on rep 2 which I was sure I would get. Sure I tell you! But yet did not. Then failed on rep 4 for the last 2 back-off sets. Pretty sure some of this was due to the painful tendencies of my illustrious left fucked-up elbow. Doesn't hurt extending (which is great from a pressing perspective) - it hurts if I grip hard with my hand pronated (which is bad from an actual holding the fucking bar perspective). I also tweaked something near my left collarbone, but I think it's minor. But I need an elbow transplant STAT. All in all, I'm inflammation nation above the waist which makes a nice change from hip, knee, inner-thigh and lumbar dramas but I'd prefer, just, you know - NOTHING TO BE FUCKING TORN OR TWEAKED OR HURTY WHILE I'M MAKING MY OLD GUY PROGRESSES FOR A CHANGE .... LORD !?! (sorry for the shouting).

TLDR; whine/bench PR/old/first world pain.

Fail of shame combined with PR video:

18/07/2016

Day of the Deadlift

Session Rating: It Came From ... Below..
    and moved slowly to the upper-thigh, and then inexplicably, moved down the thigh again to rest once more on the uncaring ground. The
    Deadlift - an existential enigma. Just like tentacle legs.

Deadlift: 60x10, 100x5, 140x3, 170x2, 190x1, 200x1, 205x1 PR (+5kg) yay!
    SLDL (no belt): 150x5x3
    Squat (medium): 60x10, 100x5, 140x3, 160x6x2.

Power cleaned 60kg from platform to squat rack. Elbow remarkably unimpressed. Otherwise mostly holding together, apart from a fart that had follow through. Been a little crook in the guts.

starting strength coach development program
    Now look at that - Congrats to a big PR! KUA has been good to you. May the Mighty Kitten bestow Strength upon us all.

Last edited by peez; 07-19-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast