• starting strength seminar august 2024
    15 May 2017
    SQ: 365x5, 335x5x2
    BN: 175x5x3
    DL: 315x5
    BW: 218.4
    Waist: Not measured

Sq:
    Doing that "ass pop back" thing as the first move, again. Let the knees move just a touch too, but nothing too bad. Back angle out of the hole looks good. The set at 335 was better form than at 365.

BN:
    Looks like i stayed firmer in the legs throughout.

DL:
    Pulled beltless to test my back control.

17 May 2017
    SQ: 320x5x3
    Press: 165x5x3
    DL: 320x5
    BW: 218.4
    Waist: 36"

Much tiredness from work and long day. Everything got done today. Slowness on the squat was from a tiny tiny bit of fatigue but mostly just me trying to feel midfoot and drive from my hips.

19 May 2017
    SQ: 350x5x3
    BN: 220x5 - Fail
    DL: 325x5
    BW: 215.8
    Waist: 36"

SQ:
    I'm pretty happy with those squats. Little knee shift, but not much. Head seems to be alright as well.

BN:
    No spot tonight, no lift off. I wasn't settled and I didn't stay tight. I was bouncing around. The 4th rep went up slowly and not having anyone to help I figured I'd rack. In the end if I would have just been confident and done my job all 5 would have gone (and they would have looked better).

DL:
    Little celebration because the back felt tight and the plates damn near floated just by squeezing my lats. I felt good about these.

22 May 2017
    SQ: 370x5, 350x5x2
    BN: 205x5x5
    DL: 330x5
    BW: 217.4

SQ:
    Set at 370 looked better than the set at 350. I was a little amped up and feeling good on that 350.

BN:
    My arse may have come off the bench on one or two of these. Legs look to be doing what they're supposed to, but could have been a little more rigid form the top on a few of them.

DL:
    Puled 1 through 3 aggressively to see if I could squeeze the back and keep it in control and move through them a bit more. Slowed it down on 4 and 5 cause all things in moderation (especially moderation, as Oscar Wilde might say).

Knees sleeve helped knee not feel crappy today.

24 MAy 2017
    SQ: 325x5x3
    OHP: 170x5x3
    DL: 335x5
    BW: 214.7

I don't know if I'm perfectly happy with my pulls today.

26 May 2017
    SQ: 350x5x3
    BN: 220x5 - Fail
    DL: 340x5
    BW: 216.0

Sorry this is being put up so late. I was beat Friday abs came home and went straight to bed. No real good excuse though. I did two days straight of ready whatever I want. My weight is back yo a bit and I haven't had stomach trouble since Friday.

SQ:
    I tried breaking at the knees and hips together and tried to keep the decent very controlled while feeling out mid foot. Knees didn't seem to bounce forward as much. My cranky knee also liked this much more. Squats look okay to me.

BN:
    Didn't feel like I had it today. I think it was fatigue from the lack of sleep. My bench seems to suffer the most from time off, food, or sleep problems.

DL:
    Everything was going great until I had some "gastric confusion". I had a bubble and it seemed like release of it under those conditions might have been troublesome. So that's what that whole thing near the end was about.

Did some yard work with my instructor yesterday. Nothing massive. And I'm really glad my stomach seems to be back in order.

Took Memorial Day off. I almost never skip a day.

31 May 2017
    SQ: 375x5, 340x5x2
    BN: 210x5x5
    DL: 340x5
    BW: ~217
    Waist: ?

SQ:
    Felt pretty good about the heavy set. Knees seemed to be doing what they need to do and it looked like I was in more control of breaking at the hips and knees. Could have kept my head down a little better on the back-off sets.

BN:
    Felt like going for all five. Wanted to do them. Bench moved great today. Looks like leg drive was good as well and I didn't get loose at the bottom.

DL:
    Back not so good. Could feel myself "leading with the back" as the set went on. Should not let that happen.

2 June 2017
    SQ: 355x5
    BN: 225x3x2 - Fail (x2, x1)
    DL: 355x5
    BW: 216.6
    Waist?

SQ:
    During my second set my right knee twinged on one of the reps pretty good. Was a little leery going into the third set. I'm putting myself on a x2 daily IBP regimen starting @800m/g for a few days. They looked pretty good though, and I am concentrating on my form.

BN:
    Probably should have took three sets yesterday instead of all five. Just didn't have it in me today. Looks like I might have gotten loose at the bottom.

DL:
    Le sigh. So there's no back "movement" I just didn't get it as flat as I would have like towards the end of the set. More chest up. I'm going to take this as an okay set because the back was pretty solid on the pulls.

Not my best workout ever, but hey training can't crush it every time. I feel like it's taking me a while to get everything back to pre-martial arts seminar level of clicking, but that's probably just today not having gone swimmingly talking. I think I mentioned that I'm dating again (met a lovely woman, and I don't use that term... ever). She's a vegetarian. She's cool with me eating meat but we've been doing the cook dinner and eat together thing. Haven't been carrying my scale to her house when I visit to weight the foods. I'm going to keep some protein powder and creatine in my bag when I visit her to make sure I hit numbers.

starting strength coach development program
    5 June 2017
    SQ: 385x3x2
    BN: 210x5x5
    DL: 370x3x3
    BW: 217.8
    Waist: ?

SQ:
    Thought they were heavy at first, turns out they're not. Better with the hips?

BN:
    Felt like I mostly owned these. A little wiggle at the bottom on a few, and I reset my feet on one of the reps.

DL:
    Tried working on pushing the belly between my legs today (had to bump my stance out just a touch to do this). These moved a lot faster than they felt like they did, but, again, back didn't move just wasn't greatly flat. Sigh. Damn it. I'mma get this worked back out. My back feels a lot stronger. I just need to "get back that feeling".

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast