starting strength gym
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Beard (Still) Adds Ten Pounds

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My gut says to skip ID and repeat week 1. But you are just starting TM, coming off a deload. So, maybe it won't be a problem as Mahendra says.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    My gut says to skip ID and repeat week 1.
    This was my initial gut reaction as well.

I suggested otherwise only because of what I've been able to accomplish eating like a bird.

It's hard to say what you're going to feel like after some flights and all that mat time, what kind of martial arts?

I'd generally like to think I can fight through it but things are up in the air. The deload makes me want to just get the work done.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Laurel View Post
    It's hard to say what you're going to feel like after some flights and all that mat time, what kind of martial arts?
    Aikijūtsu.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    My "deload" is feeling way more difficult than I thought it was going to...
    Mine has been pretty fine, Press was heavy but I'm not on TM or a deload with that. I guess it doesn't hurt anything to wait until next week and redo week 1 correctly.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Slept poorly last night. Guess I'll try to get this train back on the tracks Monday.

Alright. I'm back on the grid. A late flight would have had me in the gym last night starting my warm-ups at 2130hrs. So that didn't happen.

I've been running on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night since Thursday. Today's bedtime will be pretty much as soon as I get home. I'm going in the gym tomorrow to right thus ship. I'm considering running this week like a novice LP by working up to a weight that's heavy but I can keep good form with. If those numbers are all in line with what my week 1 redo should have been I'll be starting my official get it all in week 1 of TM next Monday. If the numbers are low I'll run them back up LP style.

16 Nov 2016
    Working Back to TM
    A

SQ: 345x5x3
    OHP: 155x5x3
    Chins @ BW: 5-5-5-5
    BW: 211.8

Still feeling drained from the weekend. Wanted to get back to heavy weights today. Kind of have a desire to hit 345 for 3 sets of 5, which I did. Video of third set linked above. Could use a little more knees out. I saw them coming in a bit on the third set as I was looking down at the ground. I also need to make sure I stay tight as I approach the bottom of the squat. That will clean up the slide forward I have in this video. I've seen it out of myself before. Bar speed looked good until the last rep or so of the third set.

Worked up to a heavy set of five on the presses. That is all.

Mostly just wanted to move some heavy weights and figure out what I should do to get back to where I need to be. I'm still not entirely sure. I'm going to see how I feel Friday. I might run LP back up to a SQ 3x5 or maybe cut over to TM redoing week 1. Just not sure yet.

18 Nov 2016
    B

SQ: 350x5x3
    BN: 185x5x3
    DL: 335x5
    BW: 211.0

Worked up to sests of fahve on stuff continuing the LP. That Bench could probably have gone heavier. And my presses could probably stand to go to TM at this point (my bench specifically) even though I'm working my squat back up to 395x5x3 before I cut that over. When I cut that over to TM it will be for 395 for a top set of five on the first Friday.

Squats are still getting a little forward at the bottom. Must fix this. Must not suck. And I need to get more squoze on my deadlifts. I also dropped my ass a lot on the last rep. I do believe they beat people for that. One of these days I'm going to get my back to do what I tell it to for all 5 reps of my pulls. It's going to happen.

starting strength coach development program
    21 Nov 2016
    A
    SQ:
    355x5x3
    OHP: 160x5x3
    SGDL: 185x5x2
    BW: 210.0

Still running LP back up. Was working with a larger group tonight so no video. Squats felt good. Approaching heavy. Bar moved pretty well all the way into the third set, and my rest times were low. Only felt my heel come off the ground once or twice overall. Seems to be improving again.

Presses were fine. Back on fahves for these.

Decided to go with snatch grip deadlifts tonight. I didn't want to clean and I was thinking "in the direction of Texas Method." Smart, dunno.

Weight loss... Bah.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast