SQ: 435
    OHP: 213
    DL: 425

Diet
    3100 - 3300kcals
    P: ~220g
    C: ~340g
    F: ~100g

Looks like I'll but cutting to Texas Method on Monday. Right now looking into keeping the bench in more than the press. It's been recommended that I take a 5% deload on starting the program.

Subbed, good work on the title, let the gainzZz train roll.

Let Friday be 395, and let Monday 5x5 be 90% of that. 355X5X5, then do 395 for 5 on Friday.

My worry about the Chicagoans going to TM (there's a bunch of you) is that you're going to start too heavy. It is a difficult program, and will get heavy soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Let Friday be 395, and let Monday 5x5 be 90% of that. 355X5X5, then do 395 for 5 on Friday.

My worry about the Chicagoans going to TM (there's a bunch of you) is that you're going to start too heavy. It is a difficult program, and will get heavy soon enough.
    Thank you, Karl. By Friday you mean Friday of next week, yes? I have zero doubt that TM will get heavy soon enough, that's why I thought Manveer's recommendation of a small (5%) reset was good. But if the PPST advice of letting the first ID work at my last x5x3 weight on LP is enough of an offload I'll go with that!

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    Thank you, Karl. By Friday you mean Friday of next week, yes? I have zero doubt that TM will get heavy soon enough, that's why I thought Manveer's recommendation of a small (5%) reset was good. But if the PPST advice of letting the first ID work at my last x5x3 weight on LP is enough of an offload I'll go with that!
    If you were going to go 5% off of the recommendation, that's great. But I thought you were just going to take 5% off your 3x5RM and go from there at 5x5. You'd crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    If you were going to go 5% off of the recommendation, that's great. But I thought you were just going to take 5% off your 3x5RM and go from there at 5x5. You'd crash.
    I literally was just reading about that pitfall in PPST. It was going to be 5% off of my 3x5 for my First ID on Friday with my Monday workout being 335x5x5. I don't like the idea of taking a month to work back up to 395x5 but after running LP I've learned that a little temperance goes a long way.

OK, I dunno. Listen to Karl. I only have my own singular experience to draw from while he has a bunch more. Plus I started TM too early anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    OK, I dunno. Listen to Karl. I only have my own singular experience to draw from while he has a bunch more. Plus I started TM too early anyway.
    I think the worry might have been that I was going to try and squat 375x5x5 for my Monday and 395x5 on Friday. But I will absolutely take Karl's advice!
    Last edited by kfreeman85; 11-03-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman85 View Post
    I think the worry might have been that I was going to try and pull 375x5x5 for my Monday and 395x5 on Friday.
    I can only draw on my experience but I thought the deload on TM gave me lots of room to run with. Highly recommend the 5% deload, take about a month of IDs to work back up and set a new PR for FAHVE, i.e., 5x400

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    I can only draw on my experience but I thought the deload on TM gave me lots of room to run with. Highly recommend the 5% deload, take about a month of IDs to work back up and set a new PR for FAHVE, i.e., 5x400
    I'm going to 3rd this suggestion, but with the caveat that I'm a lazy fucker with a really shitty squat, so maybe don't listen to me?

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast