starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Phil's Log of Extraordinary Mediocrity.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    5/19/2017

Squats 285lbs for 5 sets of 5
    Bench Press 190lbs for 5 sets of 5
    RDLs 280lbs for 3 sets of 7

5/21/2017

Deadlift 375lbsx5, 340lbs for 2 sets of 5
    OHP 150lbs for 5 sets of 5
    Board Press 210lbs for 3 sets of 5

Hmm... Deadlifts felt heavier than they should. Might be sleep related. I did 395lbs for 5 triples a month ago, and I don't remember it being as hard as the 375lbsx5 was yesterday. I wonder if maybe its just a work capacity issue or lack thereof. Well, time to build that back up. OHP was not bad. Each set was probably RPE 8-8.5.

I haven't logged in a while, but I have been wanting to pick it up again for a while. But not here though. This place is not the same.

Hi Phil. If you don't mind me asking, how's your achilles doing now? I've been dealing with achilles tendinopathy for over a year now and I was wondering if you found a fix for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Betts View Post
    Hi Phil. If you don't mind me asking, how's your achilles doing now? I've been dealing with achilles tendinopathy for over a year now and I was wondering if you found a fix for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Its been fine - no problems at all. I was initially skeptical of the regime that the PT had me doing - but it seemed to have worked. Rest alone didn't fix it. The first exercise was basically just moving the ankle, while seated, with the leg up, through the range of motion of dorsiflexion - extension, the second exercise was doing calf raises. Initially on both feet, then one footed, and then weighted. Third exercise was pistol squats - didn't have to go all the way down. Let pain be your guide - if it starts to hurt, stop, and pick it up again later. I did that every day, and after 2-3 weeks, the tendinopathy was basically gone.

Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    Its been fine - no problems at all. I was initially skeptical of the regime that the PT had me doing - but it seemed to have worked. Rest alone didn't fix it. The first exercise was basically just moving the ankle, while seated, with the leg up, through the range of motion of dorsiflexion - extension, the second exercise was doing calf raises. Initially on both feet, then one footed, and then weighted. Third exercise was pistol squats - didn't have to go all the way down. Let pain be your guide - if it starts to hurt, stop, and pick it up again later. I did that every day, and after 2-3 weeks, the tendinopathy was basically gone.
    Ah that's great to hear you completely resolved it. How many sets/reps did they have you doing of the exercises?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Betts View Post
    Ah that's great to hear you completely resolved it. How many sets/reps did they have you doing of the exercises?
    Don't remember off hand. High reps though - think 3-4 sets of 20

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    Don't remember off hand. High reps though - think 3-4 sets of 20
    Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it can help me get rid of this shit too

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456