Bench - 270 5 x 5
    Deadlift - 260 3 x 5
    9.1.17 workout - YouTube

9.4.17 workout
    Squat - 220 3 x 5
    Press - 170 3 x 5
    Deadlift - 335 1 x 5
    Tricep extension - 95 3 x 5
    Tried LBS for the first time in a very long time on my work sets. Going to keep doing LBS on M/H days and move light day back to HBS. I have temperamental bicep tendons, and I'd like to keep HBS form as fresh as possible in case I have to revert back to it for heavier days.

Default 9.6.17 workout

9.6.17 workout
    Squat - 230 3 x 5 (HBS)
    Bench (paused) - 250 3 x 5
    Power clean - tried 145 3 x 5. Realized I have a lot of form problems to clean up - re-reading the blue book, and deloaded to 95 - did some volume with that to groove in some of the biggest issues.
    Chins - 8 8 7

9.8.17 workout
    Squat (LBS) - 250 5 x 5
    Bench - 275 5 x 5
    Deadlift - 270 3 x 5

deads got interrupted because an idiot at my gym found setting the bar down quickly to constitute "banging weights" (see previously posted videos to get an example of how I dismount weights - NOT a drop). After putting an extra layer of padding under the weights to appease him (which I had to do mid-set during my second set), I wasted another 20 minutes getting talked to like a child by a trainer who doesn't like powerlifters. Got lectured about damaging equipment (which I don't), how loud we are (which we are not), and how he doesn't want a platform (which I suggested as a compromise) because the "culture" that would encourage isn't what he wants. Had to directly call the owner to see if I needed to change gyms. Fortunately, the owner is a cool guy who is going to talk to the two out of line idiots. Very annoying. Our new head trainer joined one of the most old school gyms in the area and seems to want us to be a Planet Fitness. Ignoring him from now on.

So we ended up pretty much getting booted from our gym Monday due to the deadlifting stupidity. The trainer won. Whatever. Still got it in at a different gym.
    9.11.17 workout
    Squat high bar - 225 3 x 5
    Press - 175 4 5 3
    Deadlift - 345 1 x 5

Tried out another gym.
    LBS - 235 3 X 5
    bench paused - 255 3 x 5
    Light deads (no set up for PC here for <135 and resetting. Will bring my bumpers if I join)
    225 3 x 5
    Chins 8 8 5

9.15.17 workout
    Tried another gym. Nice spot but literally no plates under 5. Really messed up my programming.
    LBS - 255 - 5 x 5
    Bench - utterly screwed up programming. Scheduled to do 280. Had to do 285. Didn't like bench height either. Was so bad I didn't log well. Did a set of 3, another set of 2 with 285. accidentally misloaded a side and did 1 or 2 with 290, asymmetrically loaded. Was already gassed from stress associated with my gym ordeal, so probably wouldn't have gotten all 5 x 5 of 280 either. Just to do SOMETHING, I did a 225 AMRAP at the end - 12 reps.
    Deadlift - 285 Pressed for time - did 2 sets of 5.

Probably the least productive workout I've had in a while, between the gym being hot, a weak that stressed me out badly, and a lack of needed plate increments.

Default 9.18.17 workout

HBS - 240 3 x 5
    Press - 175 3 x 4, hoping to ratchet this up to 3 x 5 in the next couple weeks. Plan is to get there, try 180. Assuming I fail to get 3 x 5 (which I probably will), I'll try 177.5. At my next 3 x 5 failure point, I'll drop back to 3 x 3 and micro load, maybe with a higher volume back off set.
    Deadlift - 355 1 x 5. Still kick the bar away a bit on set up but other than that, deadlifts are looking better. My shoulders seem to naturally want to be a bit farther back than the model suggests - I'm fairly short-torsoed and short armed - not really built for great pulls.
    For fun, attempted and completed my first ever 405 pull - that was fun.
    Instagram

New gym owner is cool - asked him if we were an issue during the workout. Said our pulls are loud but rightfully blamed it more on the single-layer rubber flooring than on us. Is actually thinking about getting a platform, which would be great. So far, so good here.

starting strength coach development program
    Just realized I can't do math and did medium day squats on light day, high bar. Whoops. They were easy, so that's something - sticking with the planned progression I mapped out, but I get tempted now and then to LP my squat for just 2-4 weeks so that I'm pushing my limits a bit harder. I think HBS are still better "grooved" enough for me that they feel a bit easier at times, despite the less advantageous leverages. LBS are 95% back, but haven't quite fully clicked again yet. In retrospect, wish I'd controlled my diet better during LP so I wouldn't have had to do all the cutting I did and wouldn't be in such an awkward programming point with some lifts.
    Continuing straight into an intermediate program off LP instead of dropping 25 pounds would have been so much more logical. Hindsight...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast