starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gotta beat my dads total, and some.

Default gotta beat my dads total, and some.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    25 yo male 260 pd, dense like corned beef. I did the texas method for a few months, pr's 430 squat, 445 deadlift, 255 bench, 177 press.
    umm, gonna go HLM now.
    today I did

sq 390 5 sets of 5
    rdl 315 3 sets of 5
    bp 245 4 sets of 5

ah bench is still novice gonna ummm, run it out, gonna press once a week and just smash bench hard, cause I fixed my technique and it feels super strong ya dig?
    mon wed fri
    H squat L pause squat 20% M squat 10% of heavy
    M bench H press L bench
    L rdl 15 % of dl M rows bench weight H Deadlifts

that's my format basically
    Last edited by bendy-legs; 11-23-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Wednesday did
    paused squats 315 3by5
    bench 230 4by5
    row 230 4by5
    I can't do maths good so I was supposed to lift 250. so this was the light day and it was super light, whatever though, I'll crush it frizzlefriday.

haven't been consistent in posting but whatever, I haven't moved my deadlift, its grinding hard at 455, and I don't give a shit if it take six seconds to leave the ground.
    this weeks training will be
    Monday 180kg squat 5 by 5, 179lb op 4 by 5, and 340lb rdl's 3 by 5 smashed it, squat's were brutal
    wed 20% squat 3 by 5 122.5 kg bench 260lb rows
    fri 10% squat 3by 5 close grip bench 460lb deadlift 1 by 5

so somebody say something on my post, you know, pancake challenge or whatever.

so I smashed my 460 deadlifts, I just recently got a 2 inch lifting belt and boy does that extra tension help, I felt like had more in the tank.

bench stalled out, so now I can lift like an intermediate

umm, did 403lb 182.5kilo squats 5by5, felt good and strong, I was worried about something so after my press didn't go up I left the gym, I'll catch up tomorrow. squats take priority, you know? I sharted a lot today.

I tell you what, I like to keep paused squats on my light day, I won't get rid of them. they are so useful also worried my squats are too deep, patellar tendonitis isn't too bad, but trying to keep it at bay, I think the way too do that is with volume and good technique, but what do I know.

deadlifts are still going up, but they're going to stall soon I think dealifted 5 singles at 474, it was hard. still getting stronger.

well my deadlift went up to 490 lbs for three singles, so I cycled back 5 percent cause I figured singles aren't safe. umm, still doing hlm currently i'm looking like this
    squat 195kg by 4 sets of 5
    deads 210kg for 7reps
    bench 112.5kg times 4 sets of 5
    I'm trying some stuff out, it's the first time I've really experimented at all. I do as many sets of 5 on bench Monday, then by the end of the week i'm trying to increase the sets to 4. Its working so far the benefit is that it's super simple programming wise.
    I just do singles on deadlifts, but I want to do a lot of singles in a short amount of time. it works but man it's tiring.

lastly squats, I've been focusing on speeding up my squats, you know when I blast out of the bottom something cool happens, my depth is cut by about an inch or so, cause i'm trying to minimize the stretch reflex and just blast the the top as hard as I can.
    I think recruitment in really important, cause if your light day is 60 percent of your one rep max, I feel like if its not a fast lift your not gonna get stronger.

holy crap somebody save my bench programming, I did 255 lb for 1 set of 5 Monday, and it was slow and I just don't seem to be crushing it at all.
    squats are about done might have too switch to a texas method or something soon, but these are my lifts right now
    bench 255 1 by 5
    squat 440 4 sets of 5 4th set had to have a spot, spotter helped me, it was a good morning squat
    deadlift 440 1 set of 5 I figured for volume i'd just deadlift my squats, I don't want to be one of those guys that deadlifts 500lbs and squats 650lbs.

my goals are to not get hurt, and get my bench bigger.

starting strength coach development program
    my squats at 205 kg for a set of 5 and a set of 3, I'm gonna tm it for a while, kinda as a deload, which sounds nuts but it's true.
    forget everything about my bench, i'm back in linear progression, 255 for 3 sets of 5, and climbing, but i'm gonna do it right this time.
    bibity bobity, I'm keeping the bench as my first lift, usual its the squat, but I need to prioritize the bench, so all my focus and attention is on getting it stronger, don't skimp your warmups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast