Lifts at end of LP
    Press: 130 [5 5 4]
    Bench: 177.5 [5 5 5]
    Squat: 395 [5 2 x]
    Deadlift: 405 [5]

Target Caloric Intake: 2800 Cal
    Target Protein Intake: 250 g
    Target Weekly Weight Change: -1.5 lbs

Program Plan: High Volume / Low Intensity - Low Volume / High Intensity Split Routine PPST3E pg 152.

Goals:
    Continue Weight Loss
    Increase Strength
    Qualify for Canadian National Powerlifting Competition in the Open 120+ Classic Class

September 14, 2017

Bench: 180 [5,5,5]
    Press: 105 [5,5,5,5,5]
    LISS: Inclined Treadmill - 30 minutes, 2.7 mph, 8 degrees.

Benching without squatting is much easier. Although it takes a few more warm-up reps to get the blood flowing.
    Press for volume went pretty well. Again fewer breaths the easier the set. I pressed in my running shoes... not a fan of that.
    LISS cardio... oh how I didn't miss you over the last 3 months.

Let's see how tomorrow feels.

September 15, 2017

I felt really good this morning. I slept very well last night.

Squat: 400 [5], 360 [5], 320 [5]
    Deadlift: 325 [5,5,5,5,5]
    Rackpull: 45 [5], 135 [5,5], 225 [5], 315 [5]

Squat felt strong. The backoff sets each felt hard, but no hard than the top set.
    Deadlifting volume is obviously too high here. I got chatting with the dude beside me (working out sans music due to wearing BJJ shorts). I planned 3 sets... ended up with 5... this is a stupid mistake to make. The intent was a little more rackpulling.
    Rackpulling was done here mostly to practice form. Its my first time doing them... we'll use the word 'properly'. Starting lower and focusing on not using hips or legs. Good lat squeeze.

For this session I was trying to use the advice of 'double overhand only' to moderate lower back fatigue. All lifts done double overhand without chalk. My initial feeling is too much low back work for this to be sustainable, but the morning will let me know.

September 17, 2017

Friday definitely hit my back more than I think is necessary.

Press: 132.5 [5,5,5]
    Bench: 145 [5,5,5,5,5]
    Close-Grip Bench: 45 [5,5], 95 [8], 115 [8,8,8]

Press has felt the strongest that it has felt in over a month. I was planning back-off sets... but it was easy... so three sets of five it is.
    Benching for volume started heavier than I thought it would and got easier with each set.
    Close-grip bench weight was lower than what would be considered 'optimal'. I fiddled with the grip and touch point a little bit and settled on a spacing identical to my press grip and a touch point about an inch lower.

It felt like today was an easy day. It may be that the heavy Friday is okay with Sunday feeling this easy.

September 18, 2017

I'm feeling so good post-work... you wouldn't believe... the earth shakes with my every step... and its not just from being a big fatty.

Deadlift: 415 [5]
    Squat: 320 [5,5,5,5,5]
    HIIT: Farmer Carry - 335x6x50'

Deadlifting first felt okay. I was feeling good so I did a 10lbs jump intead of 5lbs.
    Squatting after deadlift got progressively easier with each set. I assume I should rest a little more before the first workset.
    HIIT farmer carry went okay. I was planning on two extra passes but the grip wasn't with me. (the handles were smooth as hell)

I'm used to people asking me about my programming or my lifts or technique at this point... but today I had someone I didn't know walk up and ask about nutrition.

Feelz good man.

September 21, 2017

Weight: 377 lbs
    Morning weigh-ins varied wildly from day to day this week. 384 on Monday to 376 today. This is why we use a 3-day moving average.

Diet
    Target Consumption: 2800 Cal
    Average Consumption: 2753 Cal
    Average Protein: 255 grams
    Average Fat: 92 grams
    Average Carbs: 236 grams

Soccer: 45 min
    Bench: 182.5 [5,5,5]
    Press: 115 [5,5,5,5,5]

Soccer - 28C and humid but didn't feel like I was going to die. Soccer right after work... 60 minute commute... 15 minutes to kill dinner... 20 minutes to let food settle before the gym.
    Bench was easy... like check the weights easy... like did I forget a pair of 10's easy. Super happy with the progress and with the additional weekly bench volume.
    Press went well. I was feeling strong so I went for 85% of intensity instead of 80%. On a side note... we are another notch tighter on the lifting belt.

September 22, 2017

Limited sleep. Project work until 1 am last night followed by all day presentation.

Squat: 405 [5], 365 [5], 325 [5]
    Deadlift: 340 [5,5,5]
    Rackpull: 365 [5], 315 [5,5]

Squats were a little rough feeling. I don't think they were harder than usual... I think the reduced number of intensity squat sessions per week simply has my 'effort-o-meter' slipping out of calibration.
    Deadlifted in Chuck's today. (socks bother me on some fundamental level not related to form) It felt good. Double overhand.
    Rackpulls at 365 for 5 felt like a near max effort. I dropped the weight for a couple of extra sets. Next week we do these before (and perhaps in place of) the lighter deadlifts. I think my lowback isn't keeping up with my legs and I need the momentum from the floor to pull. Rackpulls should hit that weakness.

September 24, 2017

Still a little stiff from Friday...

Press: 135 [5,5,5]
    Bench: 145 [5,5,5,5,5]
    Close-Grip Bench: 135 [8,8,8]

Pressing big wheels is definitely a milestone moment. 5 rep of all three sets were slow and required 'effort'.
    Benching volume went smooth. Right peck tendon got a good warmup stretch on the first of 5. No issues after that.
    Close-grip bench was again easy. I'd estimate that my 1rm is damn near my standard bench.

September 25, 2017

Today felt like shit... I hit all the lifts. Didn't do HIIT due to trying to squeeze my next two workouts in by Thursday.

*edit* Also as a note... my morning weigh in today was 8 lbs less than last Monday... so that may also have had an effect.

Deadlift: 420 [5]
    Squat: 325 [5,5,5,5,5]

Deadlifting in the Chuck's felt harder. I'll give them another week.
    Squatting felt harder than usual. I did my warmups as 2020 tempo squats which I haven't done in awhile... they felt good. All five sets of work squats had zero bounce in the hole. I think I stretched too far during the warmups.

starting strength coach development program
    September 27, 2017

Weight: 375 lbs

Diet
    Target Consumption: 2800 Cal
    Average Consumption: 2810 Cal
    Average Protein: 250 grams
    Average Fat: 100 grams
    Average Carbs: 233 grams

Bench: 185 [5,5,5]
    Press: 115 [5,5,5,5,5]

Bench was fairly easy aside from the last rep of the third set. It felt like it stalled and I had to push through.
    Press was easy.

I had to hop on a plane right after the workout for a business trip.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast