starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle's Int Log...Saying "Thanks, I'm good" to gym bros for another year.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Had my deadlift meet today, things went great! I started out pretty nervous, but I ended up doing just fine.

I pulled 460, 480, and 500 for a 25lb PR and my first time pulling 5 plates! Moved pretty easy and I have tons more in the tank, but now I'm off to vacation for a week and then back to the grind.

Kyle Martin on Instagram: “@karlssc said it best, “it’s just up down up down up down glory.” Pulled 460, 480, and 500. That’s a 25lb PR and feels incredible. Thanks…”

Back from vacation and a bad few weeks of training before vacation. Going to LP back up to my heavier weights over the next two or three weeks. Ease back into it.

Squat 2x5 @365
    Notes: My squats detrained

Press 3x5 @135
    Notes: My Press detrained

Deads 1x5 @405
    Notes: My deadlift was pretty good.

Good day, getting back into the groove.

Squats 3x5 @385
    Notes: felt better than Monday

Bench 3x5 @225
    Notes: Last set was a bit grindy but all in all not too bad

Cable Rows 3x8 @180
    Notes: Light back day, this went pretty good

Assisted chin ups 2x5 -160
    Notes: these were difficult, but it's time to finally get to be able to do chin ups. It's going to need to be a combo of losing weight and getting stronger. These were tough but the journey of a thousand miles blah blah blah

Things are moving up well

Squats 3x5 @405

Press 3x5 @140

Deads 1x6 @425

It was hot today! Even though the gym was well AC'd my body still seemed to know that it was hot outside and the sweat was massive today! Anyways, I'm bouncing back from vacation and bad training better than I thought, next week is back to HLM

Squats 3x5 @415
    Bench 3x5 @230
    Notes: Misgrooved the second set and it was a super grind. But got my head right and the third set was nice and smooth

Deadlifts 1x6 @435
    Notes: didn't set my back right on the 5th rep and it almost didn't happen.

Happy 4th of July! Got the training in and now it's time for meat, beer, and fireworks

Squats 3x5 @335 (80%)
    Press 3x5 @145
    Pull Downs 3x8 @180
    Cable Rows 3x8 @185

Shit. Went to the gym today and in the last 48 hours the gym removed the good squat rack and 2/3 of the plates. Luckily it was pretty empty on a Friday night of July4 week but there's no way I'll be able to reliably get a rack the way things are. Guess I have to start looking for a new place to lift. Crap.

Squat 4x5 @375

Bench 4x5 @205

Deads 2x5 @385

Spent about 20 minutes today trying to convince gym management to bring back the missing squat rack, not sure how successful I was. Then went to train and of course all the remaining racks were taken so I had to wait. Oh well, got my training in. I'm going to give the gym the rest of the week to see if they change their mind, but if not I'll start sampling other places next week.

Squat 1x5 @425, 3x5 @405
    Notes: not too bad

Press 1x3 @160, 4x5 @140
    Notes: accidentally loaded 10 lbs more than I wanted, but it went up so great.

Deads 1x4 @445
    Notes: Went up 20 lbs and it ends up that was too aggressive to get that last rep. Oh well, back to 10 lb jumps.

Well, the 3 racks were pretty much constantly in use again, it's too crowded and not enough racks. I'm going to test new places next week.

Today was "light" day of HLM

Squat 3x5 @345

Bench 4x5 @225
    Notes: Next week I'll move this up to 5x5

Cable Rows 3x8 @190
    Notes: Much easier than last week

Pull Downs 3x8 @185
    Notes: Much harder than last week

starting strength coach development program
    Nice Friday empty gym day. Everyone must be at the beach or the gym pool bar.

"Medium" HLM day

Squat 4x5 @385
    Notes: accidentally set the J hooks a hole too high. Made it weird trying to get tight and my upper back felt off, but whatever, it wasn't so bad that I was going to pull all the weight off and move the hooks.

Press 5x5 @140
    Notes: Way too easy, need to move these up

Deads 3x5 @405
    Notes: I used the straps for volume day. I'm starting to get into pattern of hook grip on Monday and straps on volume Friday. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast