starting strength gym
Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Comes Hercules.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    USSF Report. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will. I acquired Prs on the two lifts I participated in. No Squat.

Press: 105; 115 (failed); With Sully's encouragement I went to my top weight; 128 PR. It was easy. The failure was due to a moment arm. As I saw the bar coming down after the lift I thought "what is that bar doing there?" But the 128 lift went up rather easily.
    Dead: 335; 360 both were easy so I thought what the heck. I went for 374 a 14 pound PR. It was a very good day.
    I encourage all lifters to compete at a USSF event. They are run well and follow the SS pattern.

Way to go, carson! It certainly is a gutsy move to go up in weight after you failed an attempt. I'm glad to see it worked here. I think you would have been disappointed if you retried 115 and it went up too easily.

Great observation. I think I would have been disappointed if I had done that. All in all, very satisfying day.

Well done Carson, you are a inspiration to all us geezers.

Great show, man. Outstanding.

I had a good run too; I'll log it once the video edits are done.

So squat: You can't even just do the empty bar to get a total? Think Michael Wolf was talking about doing that.

Squat: Maybe I'll do it next year but it just didn't seem worth it.

Here's how I get under the straight bar. I scraped the bar over the back of my head while my hands, especially my left hand, are forced further and further off of the bar. By the time I get the bar on the back of my neck I have a very difficult time keeping even any fingers on the bar. Sometimes I can jam it down to the top of my back but not even to the high bar position. I try a few "squats" but my arms force the bar onto my neck no matter what I do. Sully and I agreed it just wasn't worth it.

Maybe I'll do it anyway next year just to show how difficult it is for me to do. I marvel at people who can actually do it. I have no problem with doing squats with a safety bar and so am gaining strength there. Perhaps, my example doing this will prompt some change in the rules. We will see.

outstanding!!

Very nicely done. Very impressed with the pull.

Michael, It was great to meet you at the Classic and I hope you will come on over next year. I'm thinking about signing for the Spring event as well. I'm sending a pm to you as well.

starting strength coach development program
    Carson, great job! Your progress the last couple of months has been amazing! What do you think about a 400 deadlift for the spring?

Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast