starting strength gym
Page 75 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Comes Hercules.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Great Carson!
    Go get your medicine

The medicine must wait until Monday. Sully has a serious reaction to his second vaccination. What a world.

ah geesh. seems many have had a reaction to some degree. i had very mild to second moderna, my bride had a mild to pfizer. hope he feels better soon

We all hope that. Neither my wife or I had any significant reaction to either shot. A little swelling which went down quickly. We had a glorious Good Friday vespers this evening with grand procession in the dark.

Happy Easter Carson.
    I thought of you and kept my weight balanced (front to back) on my deadlifts today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Happy Easter Carson.
    I thought of you and kept my weight balanced (front to back) on my deadlifts today.
    The greatest part of Easter is not simply that the new "First Man" arose and by death He conquer death but that humankind itself rose with Him. He was the first to arise but our nature rose back into the presence of God. Christos Anesti this is truly the greatest event since creation itself.

Now about the weight balance. I really think the sadness of this period of our history as it has affected my lifts is that we are forever rushed. We can't be in the gym with others so if we have any delay at all for some reason even a couple of minutes we rush our rest periods and fail a lift or two or maybe don't even get to do the lift. Today that happened with all three lifts. I had to miss the last set of squats, I failed in the third set of presses and worst of all I failed in my heavy lift in deads and had to skip the back offs because of time constraints. Sully, said, and I think he's correct, I did not balance my weight squarely on my feet and was a fraction too far forward.

Still, there were two very bright spots. After over a year of quarantine our wonderful friend John Classaan returned to the gym. We were able to chat with him before we lifted. We spoke for less than five minutes but that was enough to throw us off. But it was worth it. As you know, John is 94 and is an inspiration to us all.

The second bright spot was Sully's announcement that we will dispense with our mask quite soon. It's going to be on a significant day. I'll tell you about it when it happens.

Squat: 70 x 5 (paused); 160 x 3; 185 x 1; 197.5 x 3. I had to skip the back offs.
    Press: 45 x 5; 65 x 3; 72 x 5 x 2; 2 x 1 Humbug.
    Dead: 135 x 3; 225 x 2; 300 x 1; 320 x 0 Damn, damn, damn.

S

The only thing that even remotely comes to mind to rush my workout is getting hungry. Good luck with no mask and your deadlift.

Off days make the good days that much better

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    After over a year of quarantine our wonderful friend John Classaan returned to the gym. We were able to chat with him before we lifted. We spoke for less than five minutes but that was enough to throw us off. But it was worth it. As you know, John is 94 and is an inspiration to us all.
    This is great news! I've been wondering about him. So glad to hear that he made it back.

starting strength coach development program
    Sounds like some awesome workouts coming